Twenty Three

I tried to focus my mind as Flick taped my hands up for the fight I was about to have, but my mind kept drifting back to my meeting with Gunner

When I had walked into Gunner's office, Bulldog was there waiting for me. Gunner had said that we needed to sort our shit out, that he wasn't going to go through this lockdown with his men fighting when we had bigger things to worry about. He needed his men to be ready for anything, and Gunner knew that if Bulldog was taken out in a fire fight that it was more likely to be me that shot him instead of the Highwaymen.

He wanted us to come up with a solution.

Bulldog's answer was quick, "Let me try that pussy." 

The smug look on the motherfucker's face when Flick had to hold me back made my blood boil. He knew what he was doing, but instead of backing down he kept pushing me. Soon not even Gunner was going to be able to stop me from killing him.

Gunner's suggestion for us to beat the shit out of each other was easy for me to agree too. Bulldog dog shrugged and agreed mostly because Gunner told him that if he didn't get into the ring with me, then there was nothing more he could do to stop me from killing him.

But there was only one snag in Gunner's plan, one that none of us even thought about.

Dove.

When the meeting with Gunner and Bulldog was over, I stalked out of the room Flick following after me. Flick offered to be in my corner when the fight came around, to make sure that if I did actually go down that Bulldog wouldn't be able to get to Dove.

I knew I wasn't going to lose to Bulldog, but knowing that Flick had my back made things a lot easier.

It was Flick's suggestion to take the girls for lunch, not that we could really go anywhere, but with a fully stocked kitchen and a heap of people around there was always something freshly cooked in there, so it was the place to be.

After I had made sure that Dove was full, I took her back to my dorm where we could have a conversation in private.

And it was a good thing that I had done that because when I told her what was about to happen she freaked the fuck out. 

She didn't scream and yell like I had expected, she just looked at me like she thought I was insane, then paced the room mumbling to herself when I explained to her that we had a boxing ring in the back that was used for moments much like this.

Then of course she remembered my little trip to the hospital after my friendly fight with Flick and lost it some more. She knew that this wasn't going to be a friendly fight between brothers; this was going to be a bloody fight between men that wanted to kill each other.

Well, she knew that I wanted to kill Bulldog at least...

She had told me that she thought I was a fool, then she apologized for the name calling and told me that she just didn't understand the way things were done here. Her ranting was incredibly cute, and I had no idea what she was saying most of the time because she was talking so fast, but the main idea was that she hated the idea of me getting hurt because of her.