Twenty Eight

"Ah, baby? What are you doing in the dumpster?" I asked, after spending the last ten minutes looking for my woman only to find her knee-deep in rubbish wrapped in clingfilm with a bandanna around her nose and mouth

"Looking for air fresheners." She snapped, popping her head up. "What does it look like I'm doing? I'm looking for Deanna's fuckin' keys."

I scratched my beard in confusion, "What are you talking about, she's g-"

"No!" Dove interrupted, "No, don't say it I don't wanna know, just get me the fuck outta here please."

I reached over the side of the dumpster, grabbing her wrists and helping her climb over the edge. She landed on the ground and started to dust herself off, tossing clinging bits of rubbish back into the dumpster with a dark look on her face.

I helped her unwrap herself and threw everything into the bin behind me. The look in her eye had me thinking she was going to set the bin and probably her friend on fire later.

Might need to hide the lighters...

"Can you explain to me why you were in there?" I asked, she looked up at me with narrowed eyes.

"I thought I was helping a friend," she hissed, I waited for her to explain more. "Deanna said she lost her keys and thought they were in there." She pointed over her shoulder. "So, I offered to help her out by getting in and looking considering I'm taller than she is."

"Okay," I was still lost. "I gotta say, baby, you're a better friend than I am, I would have just tossed her in there. Not climb in myself." I shrugged.

"I should have," Dove said thoughtfully. "I still can."

"You can't burn it," I said calmly, Dove pouted.

"Not even a little bit?" she asked pinching her fingers together, just then Blondie bounced her way out of the clubhouse, swinging her keys on her finger. "You!" Dove snarled. 

Blondie froze, her eyes widening as they darted from Dove to the dumpster behind her. She swallowed hard and forced a bright smile onto her face.

"Oh! I knew there was something I needed to tell you!" Blondie exclaimed hitting herself in the forehead with the hand that held the keys.

"I'm gonna kill you!" Dove bellowed, diving for her friend.

Blondie let out a scream, dropping to the ground and curling into a ball as Dove lurched forward, I snagged her around the waist and held her against me as she struggled to get away.

"If I'm not allowed to kill Flick, you can't kill Blondie." I pointed out.

I still wanted to kill that fucker for his mole-on-the-ass comments. Sometimes when it got really quiet, I swear I could still hear his high-pitched screams ringing in my ears.