Nine

Closing the door behind me, I rested my palm on the wood, the shock of Dove actually being here with me still hadn't worn off. I was half tempted to walk back into the room just to double check that she was actually still in there.

If I didn't have Church, I would have spent the day with her, in bed, wrapped up in her like the needy bastard I was becoming.

I shook my head at myself, forcing myself away from the door and down the hall. I walked down the stairs, looking around the clubhouse as I did. I noticed all of the drunks hanging around and I was glad that I told Dove to stay in the room.

No doubt one of those fuckers would have tried to hit on her, and I would have been more than ready to show them how I could hit on them... and it definitely wouldn't be in the sexy way.

I pushed through the double doors that lead into Church, most of the boys were already at the table, and it looked like I wasn't the last one, which saved me from getting a lecture from Gunner about being late.

I'm pretty sure he's over havin' to have chats with me lately...

Gunner was at the head of the table, gavel in hand and a scowl on his face. Ox our Vice President was next to him, his massive arms leaning on the table in front of him, as he looked around the room giving me a nod as I walked in. Bulldog our Sargent at arms was opposite Ox, picking the dirt from under his nail with a toothpick before putting it back in his mouth.

Fuckin' disgusting...

I walked down the end of the table, passing the clubs secretary Dice, and Gunner's father Pops, who was once the President but was now the club's treasurer. Flick was sitting next to Dice, his phone in his hands, his thumbs moving like lightning while he no doubt sends messages to his girlfriend about what color his lacy panties were.

My seat was at the end of the table.

Gunner was the head of the table as President, and I was his enforcer, his opposite.

My chair was always here waiting for me, reserved for when I was actually in town for Church. There were a few prospects, and other regular members between me and the rest of the higher ups, but it really was the best seat for a nomad like me.

I was normally always on the move, there was always something that needed doing... or actually, there was always someone that needed killing.

Gunner cleared his throat getting our attention. "Ready ladies?" he asked.

A chorus of 'yeah' went around the table.

Gunner nodded to the prospect at the door, who locked the doors before sitting his ass back down. Once he was sitting, Gunner smacked his gavel down, and just like that, Church was under way.