Was She Mine?

Happy reading

He was lying half on the bed with his legs down touching the floor, his eyes moist, his face almost pale, he was numb lost in his own world.

"Aauch!!! He felt someone bumping into his knees when he looked down only to find a small girl standing there "Aap dekh nahi sakte" she said rubbing her forehead with her cute little palm

"Aauch!!! He felt someone bumping into his knees when he looked down only to find a small girl standing there "Aap dekh nahi sakte" she said rubbing her forehead with her cute little palm. "Aap to itne bade ho" she spoke pointing out to his height. Manik just chuckled and sat down on his toes so as to match the height of the little girl standing there. Kids are his weakness after all and that too girls, it can't be better. "Hey Princess!!!" he said caressing her cheeks softly.

"Aap mere Dadda ho kya?" she questioned with her sweet chirpy voice. "Kya...mai ....." He was confused. "Arre nahi aap to wo ho jo TV me aate ho" she said looking attentively at him "Ma..." she was about to shout out his name aloud , before she could do that Manik kept his index finger on her lips and hushed her.

"Sshhh!!! Please don't" he said nodding his head in a no. She nodded back in affirmation. "I'm your big fan" she spoke making a big gap between her both the hands and stretching them away far. Before Manik could reply

"Mannu .. come baby let's go..." a voice came from Manik's back, "coming mamma... Sorry mamma bula rahi hai ... I've to go...but I'll meet you again.. bye..!" She spoke to Manik giving him an ear to ear grin and waving her left hand to bid him bye.

"Mannu??? Was She Mine ! .. no .. it's not possible" trying to absorb the name he stood up with a jerk and turned around just to see the small girl leaving the place, hoping on her toes, with a lady and their disappearing figures.

The words constantly kept running in his mind they weren't ready to leave him even for a second. "Aap mere Dadda ho ..... Mannu... Baby....aap mere Dadda ho" these words were just running in his head like some old audio cassette which is stuck on the same record.

The knock and the panicked voice from over the other side of the door brought him back to his senses, when he heard out his Dadi calling him and knocking the door simultaneously.

He got up sighing, moving towards the door he unlocked it and moved back towards his bed, whereas Shanno Malhotra just followed him in a hurry and she sighed audibily finding him safe and sound, patting her heavily pounding heart, she sat on the bed besides him.

"Aap yahan.... soe nahi abhi tak?" Manik spoke still looking at the floor with a blank face.

"Hmmm... To aaj room lock ?? That hasn't happened in a while... Kya baat hai Manik... Aisa kya hua aaj jo tujhe room lock karna pada." Dadi questioned him looking at him with a concerned face.