An Odd Demand

Hello guys I'm really sorry for getting disappeared. I hope many of you must be aware of my accident and the miseries in my life in past few months as I mentioned in AN. But I'm trying to get back to normal, so I'm starting to write again and will update whenever I can.

***************

Happy reading

Returning from the office after a stressful day Seher sat on the rock and roll chair in the balcony of her room just enjoying the sunset. She loves the view in front of her eyes because according to her it teaches a lot, like never giving up and rising to a new day with a new hope and dream. She was satisfied as the day had been a good one, she thanked her Allah for everything, specially for nothing of that sort happened that could make her boss angry, suddenly she remembered about the coffee incident and a smile made it's way to her lips. While she was thinking about everything, the posture of Manik sleeping on his chair came in front of her eyes and she realised what she had done today in the morning when her boss entered the cabin, the ringtone of her phone bought her back out of her thoughts and a smile crept her face looking at the name on the caller id.

"Hello Assalam Alaikum Ammi" she spoke answering the call. "Ammi mai theek hun....ji ji...sab theek hai...aap kaisi hain....bhaijaan or bhabi.....wo office me work load thoda zyada hai...yes Ammi.. I know..... sorry..... I'll come on Sunday....nhi nhi...pakka aaungi Inshallah....I love you....take care....Khuda hafiz Ammi"

After dinner and some family time Manik was sitting on the swing in the balcony, looking at nowhere, the cool breeze kissing his face, blowing his hairs and the wind sound whistling in his ears but he was just sitting there without feeling any of it, thinking about some precious memories of his daughter, while he was lost kichu came in with his cofee which he usually has at night and Manik came out of his trance hearing his own name. Reality struck him and he realised that he was again lost in his own world which happens usually. Adjusting himself on his place he thanked kichu for the coffee and the latter left. Sighing he picked up the coffee mug, took it near the lips, he was about to take a sip and suddenly the words said by Seher echoed in his ears and he moved the mug away from his mouth before even taking a sip. He got lost in his thought process of  whatever happened in the office.
He remembered the facts that Seher stated about black coffee, he questioned himself that is it that bad for health but he couldn't think of the answer as he couldn't go beyond the way he had spewed the coffee, he felt a bit embarrassed thinking about all of it but then he realised that when next he had asked Seher to order the same a smile had crept on his lips. Putting back the mug he stood up from the swing and shifted to his bed.

"She made me smile....she actually did"!!  he spoke to himself. Sleep took over him, without him noticing that slowly but steadily his life had started changing.

Next morning at the breakfast table everyone were busy having their breakfast, Mukti spoke

Mukti : So Bhai what's the plan today?

Manik : What plan? (raising his eyebrows) as usual I'm leaving for work after breakfast.

Cabir : Hmmm as usual he'll leave early and I'll go on time (taking a sip of his juice)

Mukti : Come on guys how boring !!! (disappointed)

Dadi : What happen Mukku...kya hua..tujhe kuch kaam hai...

Mukti : Mai London jaa rahi hun ... after two days and these guys don't even care... (putting fork down)

Manik : come to the point Mukti..