The Infected

Beth's POV:// "I don't care what you think anymore Maggie!" I shouted as I slammed the door in her face. I was sick of people telling me what to do. I didn't want to be here anymore and she wasn't the judge of that. I'd been cutting my wrists for a few weeks, I had no reason to live. I was bullied at high school, unemployed and my Dad was a selfish alcoholic. I buried my head into my pillow and cried, when I heard a gentle knock on the door. "Beth? It's Maggie. Please can I come in? I'm so sorry." Maggie's voice sounded so sincere, that I had no choice but to open my heavy door and let her in. Maggie had always been taller than me, even though she's only two years older than me. And to make things worse she is popular than me. I suppose her gorgeous chestnut hair and irresistible brown eyes is hard not to like. "Bethy, look, you know how much I love you and I'm not the boss of your life. It's your decision but I don't want you to hurt yourself anymore than you already have." Her voice cracked and then she melted into my arms. I hugged her back. Just before she was going to pull away, my brother Shawn called up the stairs. "Girls! You kinda need to see this!" He worriedly shouted. Maggie and I ran down the stairs to see Jimmy, watching the news. "We have reason to believe that the dead have come back to life. We advise you to stay in your homes. We'll have more information, so stay close to a radio or a television." My throat went dry, is this the end of the world?

Authors notes// I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! I will try to update the next chapters as often as I can💀❤️