You Sure?

Daryl's POV//
I meant what I said to Beth yesterday. Now she's the only thing on my mind. Well, and Merle. But I'm sure he's okay, he's a Dixon.

"You okay Daryl?" I hear her sweet voice linger in my ears and it makes me smile.

"Daddy said he needed some help working on the barn roof. Could you go?" She asks so sweetly.

"Yeah. Sure." I reply. As I go to find Hershel, I see a few people running towards the farm. I think one of them is hurt. Hershel murmurs something under his breath as I see, Beth, Maggie and Shawn run out to see the commotion.

"Hey! Can you help us? My son! He's hurt!" The man calls and Hershel and I run toward him.

"What's your name son?" Hershel asks.

"R-Rick." The man is stammering and I can't help but feel a bit sorry for him.
"What happened? Is he bit?" Hershel keeps questioning Rick, all of it is just medical but I can see Rick getting upset over all the questions.

"Uh. He was near a deer. Uh. I just heard a bang and he fell to the floor."

"Daryl, could you take Rick outside please. He doesn't need to see this." I do as I'm told and I start to console Rick.

"So. What's his name?" I ask trying to keep his mind off his son being hurt.
"Uh. His name's Carl."
"How old?"
"11"

I keep talking to Rick, as I hear Hershel behind me.
"We're going to need more medical supplies. Someone is going to have to the college down the road, I know they have stuff there."

"I'll go." I bravely say.

"I'll go too. I need to get out of the house." Beth said. Everyone turned around to face her.
"No WAY, are you going Beth." Hershel says.
"But it's okay. I'll be with Daryl..."
"That's true sir. I'll make sure she stays safe, if that's okay with you?
"Huh. Yes. She'll be safe with you. I'll write you a list of what you need." Hershel says walking back into the room with Carl.

"You sure?" I ask Beth, I just don't want her getting hurt.
And she gives me a reassuring nod.

//Authors notes: Oohhh! There will be more walkers in the next chapter! I hope you enjoyed and I will update as soon as I can!❤️💀