Scream

Daryl's POV://
I heard something. A scream. A painful scream, like someone had been bit. I followed the direction of the scream but all I could hear was Merle calling after me.

"Daryl? You can't hide forever brother!" I heard Merle shout behind me.

I ignored him though. I have to try and find the person who was hurt. Maybe I can help them. Maybe...

It looks like I'm at the end of the forest. Looking around me I can now see where the scream came from.

There were people crowding around two bodies one looks as though it's one of them. I still don't know what to call them. Its kinda terrifying that this is what the world has come to.

As I edge closer to the mourning people I notice the old man has seen me and is holding a plank of wood towards me. "Woah! Calm down old man! I ain't infected, or bit!" I say pointing to the corpses.

"Look I'm sorry. That was out of line." I mumble apologetically.

The two girls look at me and the smaller one bursts into tears and storms back into the house.

"She your wife?" I ask pointing again.
He nods and starts to lower the wooden plank. "And your daughters?" I look toward the house and he nods yes again.

I console the man for another few minutes when I finally say- "I'm Daryl." And hold out my hand for him to shake it. He takes my hand and I hear him say "I'm Hershel Greene. Those are my daughters Maggie and Beth."

I nod. "Do you need help with anythin'?" I ask.

"You can stay here. I have a spare room. You'd be help to us son."

~~~~~~
Authors notes// I'm sorry if this is crap but it's really hard to write in Daryl's POV😂Thank you so much for 100 reads! I never thought I would get 10!😂TYSM😘