Feelings

Beth's POV//:
I need to get out of the house and think. About Daryl, and everything in this sorry world.

"Daddy! I'm just going out on the field, to look at the horses!"
"Okay Bethy don't go too far."

He trusts me more now, after I went in that run with Daryl, he treats me like a woman. Not a little girl.

I really need to clear my head. Without Daryl and without Maggie. I better hold onto that thought, because heading towards me was none other than the redneck himself.

I thought back to Maggie.
'You need to tell him how you feel.'
Was now the time? No. I need to wait, see how he feels about me. I can't believe I'm thinking about men like this! It's the end of the world! I have better things to worry about.

I shook Daryl and my thoughts from my mind and just smiled as he walked by. Behind me I could feel someone's stare on my back.

"Seriously? That's all you do, smile at him? seriously Beth you need to get your act together." Maggie's tone but my ears, but I shook it off.

"Going to the horses?" She asked all of a sudden sounding caring and kind.
"Yeah. Wanna come with?" I asked still heading toward the barn.
"Nah I'm okay." She winked.
Jeez what with all the winking Maggie.

Now I see why she didn't want to come with me. Daryl. He was stood next to Ben, one of the biggest horses we have.
He just smiled at me and I'm just becoming more confused.

"Maggie said you'd be in here." He said stroking Ben.
"Yeah just looking after the horses. What are you doing in here?"

He started to walk towards me, and I put the bucket I was carrying.

"I need to tell you something. Something I've felt for a long time."

Oh my gosh. Did he feel the same?

AN//: sorry for the short chapter. Let me know your predictions!❤️