The Same Way

Daryl's POV//:
My heart is beating so fast. What do I say to her? Do I go straight in and tell her I like her? God, I don't know.

"Beth. Ever since we went in that run, and you held my hand in the truck, I've known I have feelings for you. I felt something. Like that was meant to be. I'm not sure if you feel the same way, but I like you a lot." I smiled. Wow. That's a weight off my shoulders I tell you.

I stare at her for a response. She cups my face in her hand, leans in and kisses me. I kiss back. It just feels right.

"Of course I feel the same way." She said pulling away and squeezing my hand. Wow, I can't believe Merle was right.

We spend the rest of the day looking after the horses and taking them for a ride. We soon reach a little river, it sure is beautiful. Hell nearly as beautiful as Beth.

"I used to come here when I was little with the horses. It's the way I could escape Maggie's shouting and daddy's drinking. it was the one place I could escape." Beth said looking in the water.
She scoots closer to me and lays her head on my shoulder when we heard a twig snap. She lifts her knife as we see a walker headed towards us. She plunges the knife in the centre of its skull.

I just smirk. "We should be heading back." She says putting her knife back in her holster. I smile and put my arm around her.

Today turned out to be perfect.

❤️