Figuring It Out

Daryl's POV://
"Merle, you hearin' this?" I called to my brother who was sharpening his hunting knife.
"Loud and clear!" He called back.
We lived in a wooden shack in the middle of the woods, not the greatest place to live in the 'Apocalypse', is what these reporters are saying.
"Do not approach these creatures in any way." The radio blasted. "If you do need to 'get rid of them' aim for the head and destroy the brain. I repeat aim for the head and destroy the brain." I looked at my brother worriedly.
"Where we gunna go? Cos' we sure as hell can't stay here!" I said to Merle standing up.
"Ah! Look at you taking charge. Not the little bitch anymore huh?" Merle teased.
He always called me that, one day I'm going to flip out on him. I'm sick of the way he treats me, like I'm nothing.
Before I could say something back to him, there was bang on the door.
"D'you think it's one of the things?" Merle said, I sensed some sarcasm.
"Shut up. I'm gonna look." I said proving that I was brave enough. I opened our wooden door to find one roaming in between the trees. I grabbed a knife from my belt, I've never killed someone before, I mean I've killed the occasional squirrel, but nothing that was a person. I took a deep breath and plunged my knife into the top of its head. The sound was unbearable. The squelching of blood and brains. I took a breath but I couldn't control myself, and I vomited over the floor.
"You okay little brother?" I heard Merle call behind me.
"What do you think? I just killed a person!"
"They're not people, get a grip brother!" Merle called.
But I had enough and stormed away.

Authors notes// I hope you enjoyed this chapter! It's slightly longer but I got carried away! Thanks for reading!❤️💀