Chapter 18.

I opened up my suitcase throwing out every nice outfit I had brought with me, as Maddie stood by my desk staring at me.

"No and, no." She implied pointing at a couple of my dresses.

"I wasn't expecting a party like that!" I replied to her throwing all of my clothes back into my suitcase. "What do I wear?" I asked her knowing she had a handful of choices back at her place.

"Grab your make-up!" She said throwing my backpack into my arms. "We are getting ready at my place!" She paused and walked closer to the door. "Plus, our parents will be here till late at night, they won't suspect a thing!" She added winking at me.

"Great! Let's go!" I said throwing my make-up in the backpack placing it on my back.

"Girls!" My mother said as we opened the main door to the house.

"Yeah, auntie?" Maddie said knowing my mom wouldn't dare make her feel uncomfortable.

"Where are you headed at?" She asked curiously walking closer to us.

"At a friends house, we are going to get ready at mine!" She replied casually!

"We'll be there!" Jake said pointing at Kyle.

"Oh, alright!" My mom exhaled.

"Wait! can I come with you guys?" Maya popped out of the kitchen with a tight long sleeve black dress, ending a little higher from her knees. Her makeup looked flawless and with the corner of my eyes I could notice Jake staring at her. I smiled at the way my brother was looking at his girlfriend and nodded back at her. She grabbed her jacket and her white sneakers and walked out with us.

"Did they ask anything while we were upstairs?" Maddie asked impatiently.

"Not really! They were glad that we would spend the night with you!"

"Apparently, they trust you guys with us!" I replied and grabbed both of their elbows placing my body in between them.

"Yeah, don't remind me that! I've never lied before. Not for partying at least." Maya said uncomfortably.

"We usually don't lie either, but when we are all together..." Maddie said making me look at her and burst into laughing. "You made a bad choice there, Maya!"

"Oh I bet!" Maya replied shaking her head.

When we got to the house Maddie grabbed her phone and connected the Bluetooth to the home speaker blasting some music. She opened up the lights to her bedroom and let us in. Her bedroom had a big walk-in closet where all her clothes were displayed and organized by color and style. I got closer to the dark side of the room and placed and slipped my fingers on top of the dark soft fabrics. My eyes fell on a black turtle neck, long sleeve t-shirt which I grabbed and took out of the stack staring at it and then around.

"Oh this one!" Maddie said grabbing it roughly out of my hands. She walked around placing it closer to a few bottom pieces. She grabbed a pair of dark tights and a dark beige horse-bit type, tight, mini skirt. She came closer to me and as roughly, placed the clothes inside my arms. "There you go! Try these." She finished grabbing a few more clothes for her to try on. I slowly took off my clothes and put on the ones she had given me. I turned my body to face the tall wide mirror at the corner of the room, straightening my skirt.

"You look great!" Maya said as I proceeded to pull my hair back on a light low ponytail leaving only a few hair bangs covering the sides of my face.

"I like it too!" I replied and pulled back from the mirror to grab my makeup bag. I mostly used eyeliner on my eyes creating a cat crease line, only using shine inside the inner corner. I lightly highlighted my cheeks and used a bronzer on my cheek bones and the wider spaces of my face. I used a shiny lip gloss and finished my look with a pair of white pointy boots, medium height. I walked one more time closer to the mirror followed by Maya and Maddie.