Chapter 11.

"What happened" my mom asked still smiling.

"Are you for real?" I yelled, getting up to face Jake. He stopped and stared at me for a few seconds realizing what he had just done.

"I..." He said panicked.

"Yeah, you." I replied and run upstairs.

A few minutes later I heard footsteps coming from the wooden staircase and a light knock on my door. Before I even get the chance to reply my mom slowly opened the door and walked into my room. She came closer to my bed and sat at the edge where my feet were.

"You want to tell me what happened when we were gone?" She asked my curiously.

"I bet Jake already did."

"No, he actually didn't." My mom implied and turned her head to look at me. "He is sorry. Whatever is between you two, should stay this way. If there is something you feel like we need to know then that's different." My mom always had a thing with words and with me and Jake supporting and having each other's back.

"I stayed over at Tommy's."

"That's it?" She calmly asked me even though I knew it bothered her. Not that I went there, but because I hid it from them. "Listen, Mia. I am not thrilled by the idea of you sleeping at some guys home. And I would most certainly prefer you inform us before you do so. But it happened. And there is no point of yelling at you or being angry. Next time, which I hope it won't be any time soon, just let me know." She was angry. And I could see it on her eyes, but at the moment it was more important to her for me and my brother to build up trust.

"Alright." I said putting my head down."

"I think you should talk to Jake about this one."

"Mom!"

"Come on honey, he didn't mean to ditch you."

"Mom, he ditched me for a stupid game."

"And that's okay. It was an intense round of monopoly." She said changing the tone of her voice and shaking her hands in the air to emphasize it. She then got up and at the same time Jake came by my room.

"Can we talk?" He asked me before entering my room. I looked at him and since he was already there, I nodded letting him sit down on the loveseat right across my bed. "I am sorry." Jake said.

"Man, why would you say that?"

"It was stupid of me, I know."

"Yes, it was and now I am embarrassed."

"Why?" He asked confused.

"Because I wasn't trying to hide it, I just forgot to mention it. I didn't go over to his house planning to stay but it happened."

"And? You think I haven't brought girls in here without you guys knowing?" He implied surprising me. "Exactly, so stop acting like you are the bad kid in here." He added making me laugh.

"No I am sorry, I don't wanna take this from you, it's your role." I said bursting into laughter.

"I know." He said calmly. "Are we okay?"

"As long as you have my back like I always do." I said raising my voice on the last part.

"Alright." He said getting up and giving me a fist bump. I did the same and lied back on my bed. He started walking out of my room, when he realized I wasn't following him. He turned his head and looked at me.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"You are not coming?" He asked pointing the stairs.

"Definetely not. Enough monopoly for me today."