Chapter 6.

After everything that went on the night before, I couldn't stop but feeling guilty about giving up on Fabio and the friendship and trust we had built during the past few months. In my head I knew nothing was over and I had made the decision to try and keep it down only when Tommy was around, in order to not make him feel uncomfortable. Although I promised him I was going to try, deep inside me I knew it was impossible but the guilt couldn't possibly get off my head, resulting into me waking multiple times during the night and staying awake after five in the morning. This gave me the chance to get out of bed early, take a long, warm, steamy shower, prepare breakfast for myself and get ready without being in a rush.

"Good morning kid." My brother said walking inside the kitchen.

"Good morning." I replied watching him staring at my French toast. "Want some?" I added.

"Could you make me one?"

"I made two for myself, here take one." I said moving the plate with the last toast closer to him.

"You are in a good mood today ah?"

"Not really... just... happy for Christmas." I replied looking outside the window, noticing the snow.

"A lot of snow, we'll have to shovel."

"Yeah, it's crazy how much it snows here!"

"When do you finish school?"

"Still have a week!"

"Damn. Have fun with that." He said biting of a big amount of his toast.
I looked at him ironically and pointed up my middle finger.

"Anyways..." I said looking down on my phone. "I have to go, I'll take the bus today."

"Hm, yeah go on." Jake implied.

"Bye!" I said wearing my jacket and at the same time unlocking the door.

"Bye..." he said and I could feel him watching me getting out of the house. "Oh and Mia, one last thing."

I put my head back in the house without moving my body at all, looking ridiculously stupid with the puffy hood on.

"Don't forget to say hi to my friend Tommy."

I rolled my eyes and shut the door behind me.

When I got into the bus I saw Kian seating all the way on the back so I joined him. Him and Gracie had gotten really close the last three months, building up a really beautiful relationship. Even though she was spending most of her time with him, both me and Fabio were okay with it, since we could see how good they were getting along. Kian and Tommy on the other hand, you would barely see them even talking to each other. Tommy never explained if there was something between them, if anything had happened, or they just got distant and neither did Kian to Gracie. And even if he had told Gracie, she was really trying to build up trust, she wouldn't have told me.

"Hey!" I said taking the seat right next to Kian. He took of his headphones.

"Good morning Mia! How are you doing today?" He said moving a little bit closer to the window to give me space.

"Good, how about you?" I asked back.

"Great, ready to finally get on my Christmas mood!"

"Oh I love that! It's literally the best thing to be able to feel the Christmas spirit!"

"Poor Mia." He said jokingly.

"I know, I know!" I replied. I immediately knew he was talking about Tommy.