I

Y/N's Pov:

I was dusting of the shelves. Not my favorite activity but it had to be done every once in a while. I heard Puffy talking about something next to me I wasn't really listening sure I enjoyed her company but today I was anxious. Today was the day the servants of the Egg were checking the houses of every citizen and of course the library wasn't an exeption.

"Y/N I need your help!!!! I got some things that the Eggpire might consider illegal can I hide them in the entchantment room?"
Starteld by Karls sudden shouting I almost fell of the ladder but luckily I regained my balance quickly.

"Karl don't be loud we are in a library." Puffy scolded him.
I smiled as I watched Karl getting nervous and he apologized multiple times.

"It's okay and yes you can store your items there. You remember the opening mechanism right?"

"Yeah of course we worked on that together!"
And with that he left for the less visited part of the library.

Ever since the Egg came into this land it was forbidden to use magic or read about other gods. Only the from the Egg chosen ones were alowed to use magic and learn to defend themselves. Most of the citizens were obeying the rules but some were just annoyed that a weird Egg was building a government. Me and my brother were more neutral towards the Eggpire even if my tendency was being skeptical to anything Egg related. I carefully climbed down from the ladder and streched myself.

"Excuse me we are for the patrol. Y/N this won't take long since this is a public building."
The giant demon in front of me which I knew as Bad smiled while Puffy just excused herself and left. I wasn't mad at her she absolutly hated the Egg and the way it manipulated people so it was understandable.

"Sure thing Bad but this is still the same boring library as always."
I tried to stay polite since I didn't need trouble with the Egg. He did a quick check through the library but didn't find anything the he considered suspicious so he left after a while and I got back to doing my work.

"Hey the people from the patrol left right? I need to show you something it's important."
Karls head peaked around the corner and looked at me. I stood up and we went in the entchantment room it was dimly lit with lanterns, the walls were covered with bookshelves, two enderchests were standing close to the entrance and there was an entchantment table in the middle of the room. I noticed how Karl was searching through an enderchest and his eyes lit up as he found what he was searching for. He pulled a netherite sword out with a proud smile.

"Look Y/N I asked Sapnap to make this with the Netherite I found and I thought maybe you could entchant it when you find the time for it."

"Karl how did you get this? Did you sneak into the nether? And of course I can entchant this."
This was incredible he somehow managed to get something that rare. I had to give this some good entchantments I should probably ask X for help this time since I didn't want to mess anything up.
After that I got back to my work and Karl helped me to sort books while he was talking about Quackity and Sapnap.

3rd Person Pov:

While most of the humans were busy with work a young god was watching them go on with their days. They seemed to have so much fun. He found it unfair that the other gods hated them. They were harmless and intriguing even when the odds were against them they would still try.

"Stop watching the humans or you will end up like XD. Attached to them unable to let go even if they're mortal and will die one day." The voice of the god of death and destruction, Cosmo, echoed through the hallways and Foolish turned around clearly annoyed by the other deity. Cosmo looked at the god with disgust mortals were worthless and a waste of time why did Foolish enjoy watching them? It didn't make sense in his mind. He could kill them all with a snap of his finger. From his point of view humans were only fun when they were struggeling against death knowing it was inevitable.

Mortals were like stars in his eyes they started small then shined bright for a short time and slowly faded from everyones memory until they were completly forgotten. That's all they would ever be.

___________________________________________________

A/N: Hi I hoped you enjoyed the first chapter. Yes I included the Egg in the plot of the story.
Cosmo is an Oc btw.
Remember you're valid<3