XIII

A/N: It's lore time!!! Anyway there will be Gore and Death since I will be describing parts of the war. For Context: This plays about 25 Years before the story. Y/N and George were just born then. I'm not an experienced writer so don't have high expectations for this chapter I'm still learning. And with that please enjoy and feel free to give feedback and constructive criticism.

Third Person Pov:

The humans, mobs and hybrids had been living in relative peace. But most of the more rural places were still afraid of the things that were new and different only bigger cities were more open but not free of the hatred that the hybrids faced everyday. At the time most of the woods had been cleared leaving the animals and other friendly mobs without anything to hide and had to move bioms to stay safe while the already aggressive mobs turned on the humans out of instinct to protect themselves.

After all when wild animals are threatened they tend to attack.

The humans didn't care at first considering that their defenses were strong and none of their kind had been harmed yet. It changed when a phantom got overlooked by the guards and swiped in killing a mother with her child, that triggered the humans wrath and instead of passively defending themselves they attacked.

The hybrids, tired of the constant fighting and took it upon themselves to try and negotiate a peace.

They failed.

However their attempt to talk with the "enemies" did not go unnoticed by the humans and some even blamed the hybrids for their war saying they were the ones who aggravated the mobs. In their blind rage and against better judgment the people began murdering them for a crime they never committed.

This was the time that the spirits rose up against them. They had the natural instinct to protect those that faced an unjust punishment.

In spite of having mostly healing powers they put up quite a fight for humanity. The humans played fair until they had enough.

The spirits had to go.

They attacked their hospitals and didn't stop once they retreated but instead followed them and got an already damaged army all begging for mercy on their knees before slaughtering each and every one of them. When they tried to reach a truce they slayed their ambassador in cold blood sending her head back to give a message.

The spirits grew more and more afraid as more time went by and some even started to disguise as humans, took their children with them and ran. They didn't care for the war anymore they cared for survival. Every spirit that got caught was executed on the spot and the law still requires the execution of any spirits to the present day.

They are not safe.

Humans won the war and after a while things settled down. Hybrids got less and less hated and live peacefully with humans again even though the resentment of humanity's betrayal never really went away.  The spirits however are still hunted and their wings can be sold as a trophy for a lot of money.