Missed Calls

Ryan POV

1 missed call from: CHAD

I watch the phone ring the whole time. Sending him to voicemail lets him know I know he called.

2 missed calls from: CHAD

It's been a few days, I have calmed down, maybe I should hear him out.

Incoming call from: CHAD

"This is harassment. I could sue." I think I mean to say hello.

"Ryan," he doesn't say anything else. He just sounds so relieved.

"Yes?" There is a tone to my voice I'm not putting there.

"I owe you an apology and explanation. I can do that all now over the phone or we can go get coffee or something and can do it there. It's totally up to you." I don't want to be upset, I don't really know why I am.

"Apology first and then I'll decide on the explanation." My voice waivers a little.

"I have been awful to you, there are no excuses for that. While most of it was an idiotic accident, I was intentionally ignoring and keeping you at length with no warning or answers. Both of those were unfair and cruel to you and I am sorry. Regardless of whether or not I meant to hurt you I did. I care about you Ryan, I want to be a good friend and hopefully explain what was actually going on." It's rehearsed, not fake but practiced. He cares enough to make sure his apology is good.

"Thank you. I- where- would you like to come over to talk?" I want to know.

"Am safe from Sharpay?" He laughs.

"Yes, she's actually out for a bit." My own laugh doesn't make it to the surface, because I know that's a serious question.

"Okay, I'll be there soon, should I grab coffee on the way?" I can hear his smile.

"Only if you can't bring cocoa." It feels nice to talk to him again. I am worried the explanation won't feel so nice.