Party Prep

Chad's POV

"What about one of the doctors from Grey's Anatomy?" Troy paces the length of my coffee table.

"You don't seriously watch that do you?" for the last seven months my mother has commandeered to watch this prime time soap opera and I don't think I can handle finding out Troy is such a loser.

"No, of course not, but the girls do. I am trying to have fun at this halloween party and being flocked by hotties will definitely help that." I can only roll my eyes. "What are you gonna be?"

"I was thinking Willy Wonka from the new remake," Troy just shakes his head.

"You can't Ryan is going as him," he turns on his heel, "Oh! I could go as Simon Cowell."

"Ryan who?"

"Ryan Evans, Sharpay told me when she gave me the invite," he says it like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Woah, woah, woah, wait, you agreed to go to a party hosted by the Evans? I'm sorry, are you like, finally falling into Sharpay's traps or what?" He stops pacing and plops backwards into the big recliner.

"She invited the whole team and a bunch of the school. She lives in the private community right outside town so you know her house is huge. Her parents are never home and I have it on good authority there will be alcohol. If you want to skip what will most likely be the biggest party of our highschool careers you can go ahead. I'd like to have fun especially before the season really kicks in." The microwave beeps and we both bolt toward the kitchen.

"Okay," I start around a blistering hot pizza roll, "star wars, you're Anakin I'm Obi Wan."

"Ooh that could work, it's simple enough to pull off on the cheap and plus I'd get to hit you with a lightsaber," Troy laughs and makes a sszzzchchh noise pretending to swing at me.

I stand onto my chair pointing my own invisible weapon at him, "It's over Anakin, I have the high ground!"

He stands from his own chair and twists his hands to get a better fake grip, "You underestimate my power!"

"You boys never change do you?" I hadn't heard my mom come inside, "Do you think you could pause your game and help me bring in groceries?"

"Yes ma'am," I hop down off the chair and head for the door.

Troy is close on my heels barely stifling a laugh, "Yes Mrs. Danforth."

I grab the last bag and string it on my arm, "I have eight, you only have six, I win."

Troy sticks his tongue out at me, "You are the only one who thinks this game is fun."

"That's just because you always lose," I laugh as we hobble our way inside.

We unload the groceries onto the counter and Troy bolts up to my room, "Come on! We only have a week and we need to make sure you have you need to be Obi."

I will admit it does seem like it will be a pretty sick party, as long as my friends will be there and the monster mash plays at least once I will be fine.

I'll also admit that it's pretty easy to picture Ryan as Willy Wonka, he'll probably look better than I would have anyway.

Maybe halloween will actually be some fun this year.