0.1

(Elaine's POV.)

"What did you do?!" I heard Edweirdo's voice shout in my ear. I groaned, my eyes opening slightly to see his angry face. I gulped.

"What are you talking about?" I asked in confusion.

"Somebody's here for you. Says his name is Albus Dumbledore and he's here to explain about a school called Hogwarts. Get down there and send him away. " Edweirdo glared.

I rolled out of bed and began looking for something suitable to wear, while Edward went back downstairs. I found a green blouse and a pair of blue jeans. Once I was dressed, I walked out of the room and downstairs, into the living room. An old man with long gray hair and a long gray beard in a long black cloak was standing awkwardly in the middle of the living room. He looked strange and differemt in a world of unaccepting people. Like me.

"Hello," I smiled sticking my hand out for him to shake. "I'm Ellie, and you are?"

The man gave me a small smile, his eyes twinkling behind his glasses. "Hello Ellie. I am Professor Dumbledore from a school Called Hogwarts. Tell me, has anything ever happened to you that you couldn't explain?"

I nodded at him. One time, Renesmee had knocked Grandma Esmè's lamp out of my hand and told Bella I had thrown it at her Bella yelled at me. Then, I got angry and the lamp pieces all floated up and went flying toward Renesmee, cutting her. I had been grounded for a whole 4 months but it was worth it. Nessie hadn't came near me for 3 months afterwards.

"That, Ellie, is because you are a witch." The man, Dumbledore said. Is this man for real?

"I'm not a witch," I giggled. "Witches aren't real."

"Perhaps this would help you understand better." He handed me a letter that was addressed to me. It said on the front:

Ms. Cullen.
Bedroom at the top of the stairs.
Little whinning
1 privet drive.

I tore the letter open and read:

Dear Ms. Cullen,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all Necessary books and equipment. Term will begin on September 1st. We await your owl by no later than July 31st.

Minerva McGonagall
Deputy headmistress.

The second page had all the supplies I'll need.
I looked up at Dumbledore with wide eyes. "This is real. But, I can't be a witch. "

"And why ever not?" Dumbledore asked me.

"Because I'm just Elaine. I'm not the special one." I told him.

"Yes you are. You were born into a family that doesn't always appreciate you, but that makes you no less special." Dumbledore said. Nobody's ever been as kind to me as he is being. Why is he being kind to me?

"Thank you." I smiled at him.

"So, Mr and Mrs. Cullen, does Ellie have permission to attend?" Dumbledore asked. I bit my lip, pleading to them with my eyes. I would finally belong somewhere and there'd be people just like me all around. Hogwarts sounds like a dream home.

Bella looked into my eyes and hesitated, for a second I think I saw some regret in her eyes-I doubt it though, "Yes, I suppose she can go. It'll give us a break from the brat."

Dumbledore looked at bella like she was a total fool. "Ellie seems to be a great child to me. I shall be back tomorrow to pick her up to take her to get supplies." And then, there was a pop and he was gone.

I was going to get away from these people? I couldn't wait. I'll have friends and a family and most of all, I'll belong. No more sorrow or pain. No more fear. Hgwarts sounds almost like it might be too good to be true. I can't wait till tomorrow.