1.8

The last couple of months of the school year went by fairly quickly.

At the moment, we were going down to Great Hall to partake in the end of the year feast that was being held. I dreaded it badly. Why, you ask?

Because Gryffindor was so far behind in the House Cup competition that it wasn't even funny. And worst of all, Slytherin was first. They'll brag all seven years were stuck together! And even worse is the fact I'll be seperated from my friends. Not to mention, Landon, my soul mate.

I plopped down at the Gryffindor Table beside James and looked at the food in front of me. It looked yummy!

"I can't believe we're going to be going home soon," James said sadly.

I smiled. This year, I wouldn't be going to the usual torturous house I was forced to call a home. Instead, I'd be in a real home with people who loved me. But, Sirius would still be with his horrible parents....

I shook my head and tried to ignore the guilt I felt for Sirius having to go back home to those people. Fortunately, Dumbledore arrived and I paid attention to him.

"Another year gone!" He said cheerfully. "And I must trouble you with an old mans wheezing waffle before we sink our teeth into our delicious feast. What a year it has been! Hopefully your heads are a little bit fuller than they were... You have all summer to get them nice and empty again before next year starts....

"Now, as I understand it, the House Cup here needs awarding, and the points stand thus: in fourth place, Gryffindor with three hundred and twenty-three points; in third, Hufflepuff, with three hundred and fifty two points; Ravenclaw has four hundred and twenty-six and Slytherin, four hundred and seventy-two."

A storm of cheering and stamping broke out for the Slytherin table. I could see Lucius banging his goblet on the table. It was a sickening sight.

"Yes, yes, well done, Slytherin," sai Dumbledore. "However, recent events must be taken into account."

The room went very still. The Slytherins smiles faded a little.

"Ahem," said Dumbledore. "I have a few last-minute points to dish out. Let me see. Yes...."

"First--- to Mr. Potter, Mr. Lupin, Mr. Black and Mr.Pettigrew, for sticking loyally to your friend even when you were faced with life-threatening situations, I award Grtffindor fifty points."

Gryffindor cheers nearly raised the bewitched ceiling; the stars overhead seemed to quiver.

"Lastly, to Miss. Cullen, for outstanding selflessness and bravery I award Gryffindor one hundred points."

I blushed and buried my face into my arms. I felt tears of joy begin to roll down my face. We had won! Gryffindor had won! Take that, Snivella!

"Which means," Dumbledore called over the storm of applause, for even Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff were celebrating the downfall of the Slytherin, "we need a little change of decoration."

He clapped his hands together. In an instant, the green hangings became scarlet and the silver became gold; the huge Slytherin serpent vanished and a towering Gryffindor lion took its place. Professor McGonagall was beaming with joy while it looked a though she was about to explode with tears.

It was the best evening of my life. Better than winning Quidditch, or Christmas or even winning against Maria. I would never, ever forget tonight.

I had almost forgotten that the exam results were still to come, but come they did. To our great surprise, James, Sirius, Peter, and I all passed with good marks; Remus, of course, passed with marks just behind Lily and Landon. We had hoped Snivellus and Snivella might have gotten bad marks and been thrown out, but even I couldn't deny they were quite intelligent.