First Step Into New Territory

Izuku woke up feeling extremely tired. Not surprising considering he had been in his head (hah) for quite a while last night. But he didn't have time to dwell on that, especially because he had completely missed his first alarm and only had about 3 minutes to make his train. If he didn't make it, he would almost definitely be late for class, and suffer the wrath of Aizawa. A fate worse than death. 

What followed could only be described as an utter disaster of a morning. 

Izuku needed to shower because, as you can imagine after such an event as the Sports Festival, he smelled horrendous. He was out within a minute and a half, and he had somehow cleaned himself pretty thoroughly, being so efficient that even Iida would be proud. He then grabbed a slice of bread, threw it in the toaster for about 10 seconds, and then suffered the defeat of barely toasted toast as he dashed down the sidewalk towards the train station. He almost considered using One For All before he remembered it would be criminal to do so. 

He arrived with no time left to spare, barely squeezing himself into the packed vehicle. He made his way to a single spot in the center that looked just slightly less dense than everywhere else, and took ahold of a grab handle. Deku finally had a moment to catch his breath, the sigh of relief briefly escaping before huffing a large amount of fresh air into his lungs. He thought of getting his phone out and scrolling through the latest hero news, but decided against it in favor of just closing his eyes and savoring the fact that he would not be leaving this world due to an Aizawa-related-incident.

To his relief, the rest of the trip to U.A., and subsequently the 1-A classroom was nowhere near as stressful as the start of his morning was.

Now, he was simply sitting in his seat waiting for Aizawa to arrive so class could begin. Staring at the door, he watched as his fellow classmates entered. He noticed that a few of his classmates were acting different, for better and for worse. Uraraka had walked in just as happily as she had any other day, but he could tell just by the way she held herself that she was feeling better today than usual. Todoroki was just as stoic and rigid as he had been since the day they had introduced themselves, but the look in his eyes was definitely different. He couldn't really tell what the look was, but when they momentarily met each others gazes, he knew that it was a good look. It suited him more than the previously cold, calculating, maybe even spiteful look he had carried into the Sports Festival; Deku thought so at least.

Iida was the exact opposite of Todoroki however. When he entered the room, Deku and Uraraka got up to greet their friend. 

"Ah. Hello Uraraka. Midoriya. Congratulations on your victory in the Sports Festival. I only wish I could've been at the stadium to have said this at a more appropriate time." He said, trying to act as his normal self. Though the fact that he couldn't maintain eye contact did not go unnoticed by the All For One user.

"Thank you Iida, and don't worry at all. I'm sure to had a reason to go. Right?"

"...yes." The pause and hushed tone went noticed by both of the friends.

"Oh yeah! What was that about anyway?" Uraraka asked from the side, tilting her head in curiosity.

"It's... a personal matter that I'd like to refrain from discussing if you don't mind."

"But you seem so bummed about it!" Uraraka pouted.

"Okay, I won't pry. But if you need to talk, please come to us Iida." Deku said shortly after Uraraka gave her sentiment.

"A-Ah, thank you Midoriya." Iida said curtly before seating himself at his desk. Deku did the same, and though the stare Uraraka gave him said that she wanted to continue this conversation, she quickly relented and followed suit.