Round 2

Standing in the arena once again, Deku felt the same feelings he had before; A prick of nervousness intertwined with bubbling excitement. The cocktail of emotion hit him with a massive wave of adrenaline, making his body shake lightly and uncontrollably. His vision was blurry, and yet, he'd never noticed so many things at the same time; Such as the crowd of people cheering weren't just cheering the normal "Ooohs" and "Ahhhs". No, they were cheering his name! Well, Shinso's too, but this was a new experience. He also noticed a lot about Shinso, like the dark bags under his eyes and how they seemed to glow under the sunlight. 

He took a breath to calm himself before closing his eyes for a moment. He'd deduced that Shinso's quirk was brainwashing, or something akin to that. He didn't know how he triggered it though, so he had like, a 50% chance of getting fucked over in this round. 

And he couldn't let that happen.

Before his train of thought could continue, a voice cut through his concentration.

"-UND 2 WILL BE STARTING NOW! MATCH 1 WILL BE IZUKU MIDORIYA AND HITOSHI SHINSO! GIVE 'EM SOME LOVE!" Midnight yelled to the crowd, who was already giving love, but that didn't stop them from doubling down and giving more. The fight was upon them and Deku still had nothing to go on, while Shinso, if he was paying attention, knows about One For All at the least. 

Before he can dwell on those thoughts, Midnight gave them the queue to fight.

Neither of them moved, not yet. Sizing each other up, both having a light grasp of the capabilities of the other. Deku could probably punch right him out of the arena, or blow him away with air pressure, and a few other things, but where's the fun in that.

Yeah, that's something he really didn't like admitting. He could end these fights instantly, One For All being leagues above most the other quirks there, All For One also being in on an entirely different level, but there was something about the fight itself that he loved. Power. 

Feeling the power of everyone's quirk, feeling its strength... For someone like him, who has a natural love of ANYTHING quirk-related, there was nothing quite like it. 

"So, are you afraid, or just stupid?" 

As it turns out, Shinso wasn't sizing him up. He was just waiting for him to attack, figuring it would be easier to provoke him during the fight. Deku didn't respond, seeing through his tactic. Instead, he began pacing over to him, activating One For All at only 5%, just to see what Shinso was physically capable of. It probably wasn't much, seeing as he took a few steps back Deku's green energy appeared. Deku didn't even notice the frown that adorned his face, making him look kinda scary and serious.

But Shinso, he was good at taking advantage of things like that.

"What? Is someone upset? Yeah, I would be too if my classmate failed so easily." He said tauntingly, finally getting on Deku's nerves. Deku had thick skin, he had to so he could endure the life he was thrust into because of his quirk. Treated like he would be a villain, being an outcast, behind-the-back name-calling that would never be said to his face and so much more, he hated it... but what he hated most was when people messed with the ones who weren't afraid of him. Those with big hearts that accepted even him. It pissed him off to no end when one of his friends was put down.

A low growl escaped his throat as he continued walking over. Shinso noticed the growl, doubling down on his plan.

"Honestly I find it hilarious. 1-A's second fighter loses to someone from General Studies! How pathetic is that." His words burned like acid, making sure he emphasized every syllable. Deku was now gritting his teeth and clenching his fists tightly. No one noticed, but for a split second, his green energy changed, shifting into a red and black static, before changing back. Shinso decided to drive the final nail in the coffin.