Interlude: No Rest For The Weary

Darkness faded as afternoon light crept into Izuku's waking eyes. He'd been out for an hour - maybe two- it seemed, and he was now laying in a hospital bed. Looking around, he quickly noticed Best Jeanist laying in a cot next to him, in his hero costume for some reason. Actually, now that he thought about it, he too was still in costume instead of a hospital gown. Perhaps it was because neither had any injuries thanks to Super Regen? The thought of that actually made him smile: Despite how powerful the villain had been, no one was seriously injured in the end. Except of course, the poor bank, who had sustained much more collateral damage than any bank should.

"Hey, Ninth." A voice called from within his head. It was En, the Sixth user.

"The First wants to know if you're ready for that talk now, or if you need some time to collect yourself first." He said, eliciting a nod of understanding from Izuku.

"I'm ready. I'll be there in just a minute." He responded internally, before closing his eyes and entering the inner domain of One For All (Which had gotten significantly easier since the first time). Quickly, he found himself standing in front of the 5 that he had gotten to know. Each were looking at him with a serious (though not accusing) stare.

"So, I'm guessing this is to do with All For One? Back in the bank you were asking about the tendrils, and after that you told me how to do something I didn't even know I could do." He said as he looked to Yoichi, who had his head in his hand in thought.

"Yes, Izuku Midoriya, you are correct." He said to the boy, keeping completely still. Izuku had nothing to say, so he kept his mouth shut. Everyone did, until Nana spoke up.

"Hey kid, I know Toshi told you about All For One... the villain, not- you know. But what all did he tell you about him?" She asked, giving Izuku pause. After a few minutes of recalling the story All Might told him, he finally answered her.

"Not much actually. Just that he accidentally created One For All." He said, realizing that aside from what little he knew from researching with his dad, All Might's information wasn't much either. The predecessors acknowledged what Izuku said as Nana sighed in annoyance.

"Toshi was never good with explanations, but this? You'd have to actively try to suck if you wanted to be as bad as him." She said while rolling her eyes.

"Izuku Midoriya." Yoichi spoke, getting his attention. He had finally lifted his head to face the ninth, his eyes steeled.

"What I am about to tell you will not be easy to hear, so I first wish to tell you this: We still believe in you and your conviction to heroism, and that will not change." He said sternly, as the other users, even the second and third who still faced the wall, nodded in agreement. Izuku held his breath and listened.

"The abilities you have shown with All For One... they are quirks. And not only that, they are quirks that were favored by All For One himself, and he used them quite often. They are known as Rivet Stab, and Forced Quirk Activation." He said as he looked into Izuku's shocked eyes.

"I... I don't get it. What are you trying to tell me Yoichi?" He asked, almost fearfully.

"That you, someway, somehow, have some kind of relation to All For One himself."

At this, Izuku felt his legs weaken, and he had to sit down to take in that statement; Him, and All For One? How is that possible? What does it even mean?

"Judging from your reaction, I'd say you weren't aware of this either." Hikage, the Fourth said as he watched the boy reel in shock.

"So what does this mean?" Izuku asked.

"We don't know. The fact is, we got no fucking clue how its even possible!" Daigo, the Fifth exclaimed.

"Like we said though, have no fear. You have proved yourself to us, and we do not doubt your integrity." He reiterated. The last thing they wanted was him doubting himself because of something he couldn't control. And it seemed to work, as his sporadic breathing began to level out.