The Cavalry Battle

Deku stood in the middle of the arena and watched as everyone else got into teams while avoiding him like the plague. It did make sense, seeing as having 10 million points would definitely make him a target, but he really wished someone would've been up to the challenge. 

And then, a tap on his shoulder showed him that someone was. 

"Hey Deku! You wanna team up?" Deku nearly burst into happy tears and ugly crying when Uraraka asked him this. He was thinking he'd actually have to go through it alone, or only get a team because someone was lacking a member. He settled and nodded his head faster than light itself, making Uraraka laugh.

"Great! Well then lets go find some more teammates!" She said before taking off in the opposite direction, Deku following right behind her. All the while he was thinking of potential teammates, looking for those in his class without teams. He didn't find many though, but he did find another friend he was certain would join them. 

Iida.

"I'm afraid I can't join you. My apologies." Iida said to the 2, his words slapping Deku in the face. 

"W-Why not!?" Deku and Uraraka both asked, feeling deflated because Iida wouldn't join them.

"Because Midoriya, I know the amount of power you have, and while we are friends, if I continue to follow you, I'll never get stronger. Todoroki challenged you, and I have no doubt Bakugo has as well, but they aren't the only ones. So, I must do my best to defeat you." He stated, turning his back to Deku and Uraraka, walking towards Todoroki. Deku had guessed that Todoroki asked him to join him, and Iida accepted. And with that, the 2 were back at square one. Until they heard a noise, and when they turned around, they found a pink haired girl slowly hovering towards them, and when they looked down, they realized it was because of her shoes.

"Oh good, you still need teammates. I'm Mei Hatsume, and I'll be joining you!" She declared, not giving them a choice. Not that it mattered, they would take anyone at this point. She had a pair of goggles that slightly obscured her yellow eyes, with what seemed to be reticles in her iris's. Deku was about to ask what her quirk was, but Uraraka said something else first.

"Oh I remember you! You were the one with all the weird gadgets in the race! You kept yelling something about your 'babies'?"

"That's what I call my inventions! I love building new gadgets!" Mei announced to them, passion in her voice.

"So you're in the support course then, right?" Deku asked.

"Yep! And I brought a bunch of my babies! You can find something for anything!" She said while excitedly opening a box filled with inventions she'd clearly been waiting to show off. There were so many machines varying in uses. 

"Well, because most people are going to go for us, we should probably focusing on evasion. With that being said, do you have anything that could help us with that?" Deku asked, still focusing on the insane amount of gadgets this one person made by herself. Mei's eyes lit up when he asked this, causing Deku and Uraraka to get a little nervous.

"I have a jetpack and some more of these hover boots. They've both been tested, but the jetpack still needs field testing, and if you're up for it, this is the PERFECT opportunity!" She said with so far unrivaled enthusiasm.  Deku thought for a moment, unsure of using the untested jetpack. Then he remembered that this is just the field test, and that it was already functional, she just wanted to make sure it was practical. So with that in mind, he agreed to using it. 

They then started making a plan of retreat. If they tried to attack, they would be severely outnumbered, so they knew they had to run, and with all of the equipment they had access to, they just needed to know who would use what. After all of the planning, it boiled down to this; Deku wears the jetpack, and Uraraka wears the hover boots. She makes them float and uses the boots to maneuver while Deku uses the jetpack for altitude.