Returning

Izuku steps onto the busy streets of Musutafu for the first time in 10 years. He has just gotten off of a 14 hour flight and using his legs again felt like a mix of heaven and hell. Even so, he started making his way down the street in search of one specific home. He and his dad made sure to send Inko plenty of money so she could keep paying for her home, and while she appreciated it, she still worked as well, mostly because she doesn't want to be alone. 'Well get ready mom, you wont be alone for much longer'  Izuku thought as he walked home. Home, it felt so good for him to say it again. He was walking much faster now, as the thought of finally seeing his lovely mother after so long. 

After what felt like hours of walking, even though it was only 10 minutes, he was there, standing in front of his apartment, smiling brighter than the sun. He looks at the small plate on the wall next to the door reading 'Midoriya' and felt his spirits rise even higher. Without hesitation, he knocks on the door and waits patiently, or however patient you can be when you're so excited that you're shaking. Then, the sound of locks opening and the door knob turning caused the shaking to stop, and the smile to grow. The door finally swings open revealing... nothing? Izuku couldn't see anyone, just the interior of the home, but then he heard a voice coming from below, "Izuku?" A teary Inko asks, causing Izuku to look down.

"Mom." He says, tears of joy now streaming from the faces of the 2 Midoriya's. Faster than light, the 2 embrace each other, only to stop squeezing each other at the cracking sounds. "Jeez mom, you got shorter than me." Izuku says, causing the 2 of them to laugh.

"What are you doing here Izuku?" Inko asks, knowing he's here for a reason.

Izuku sighs, and gets up, beckoning his mother to enter the house. They get inside and sit on the couch before talking about why he's home in Japan. "Well, you know that I wanted to be a hero, and the best hero school is U.A. So I came back to attend. I know there's still 10 months, but I was impatient because I wanted to see you, and I wanted to prepare. The bonus is that I get to stay with you, if you're okay with me staying, that is. I missed you so much mom." He tells her with a half happy half sad smile. She smiled back, fully happy.

"Of coarse you can stay with me. It'll be so nice to catch u- wait. You're going to attend U.A! That means you can control All For One now!" Inko says to her son, making him smile and nod. When Izuku and Hisashi learned the name and capabilities of his quirk, the first person they called was Inko. Izuku's love for heroes, as well as his desire to be a hero, had only grew during the past 10. He lived by his father's advice, it was the only reason he even used his quirk. 'There is no such thing as an evil quirk, it just depends on the one who wields it.' Izuku knew he was right, and he wants others to know that too. He'd seen multiple people in America scared of or ridiculed for their quirk, because it was something most villains could use. That's why he wants to be a hero, to spread that message and make sure nobody is scared of themselves or ridiculed for being who they are. Izuku has a few new quirks because of the villains that did indeed use those quirks. He and his father worked as cops. Well, his dad did, he just took some quirks so that it was safer for everyone involved. He had some amplifiers, a shock inversion quirk, a small strength quirk, and of course, All For One itself. 

Inko smiled and resumed the conversation, laughing and hugging her son, and one point, crying with him. Hisashi had been in an unknown accident, and was hurt very badly, to the point normal skin grafts wouldn't work. His entire head, other than mouth, was now just scar tissue. It was bad, but he was never a bad sport, and thankfully, and not to mention surprisingly, he was alive and well. Hell, Izuku wouldn't be in Japan if he hadn't proved he'd be fine.

Eventually, they decided to make dinner together. Inko prepared the meat and Izuku washed veggies, mostly because he isn't good at the cooking part. Izuku realized they were missing some ingredients, they weren't very important, but they'd definitely help the taste. This happened before they started cooking, so Izuku was thankfully able to run to the market and grab them before they start cooking. So after a hug from his mother, he set off. 

This little trip would change the course of his life.

Quick note - I'm going to try shorter, daily chapters for a bit. If I like it, it continues.