Fractured

While most students were enjoying their break, strategizing for their fights, or just enjoying the meals they were provided, Todoroki and Deku stood in a secluded area. Facing each other and surrounded only by silence, Deku didn't speak a word. Todoroki's cold glare pierced him, and while he didn't know if he was trying to be intimidating, but it was working. 

"Y-You know, this break doesn't last forever. We should get something to eat before nothing's left." Deku suggested, wanting to get out of the situation. Todoroki said nothing, his glare becoming colder. Deku was going to try to get out of it again, but Todoroki finally spoke up.

"When I faced you earlier, I was stressed. I know your power, we had nowhere to go but to you, and we didn't have much time. I used my fire. My left side. Something I'd sworn to never use." He said, almost remorseful. It sounded like he felt as if he committed a crime by using his fire. Todoroki now had Deku's interest, so Deku said nothing, waiting for him to continue. And he did.

"Have you ever heard of a quirk marriage?" He asked. Deku hadn't, but he could infer what it was. After all, the name didn't leave much room for interpretation. So he nodded his head.

"Well, I'm a product of one of these. My father, the #2 hero Endeavor, bought my mothers relatives so that he could have her quirk. He tries very hard to surpass All Might, but I think even he knows that won't happen... so he created me. I was made for the sole purpose of becoming the next #1." Todoroki regaled. There was an air of malice that showed itself every time Todoroki spoke of his father. 

"I was isolated from everyone, I wasn't allowed to go outside. I wasn't even allowed to see my siblings until recently. My father tried to teach me to fight, even gave me quirk training. Almost like he forgot I was a child. My mother was the only person I had contact with, but if she tried to intervene, she was hit. In fact, every memory I have about her, she was crying. It started driving her mad, to the point she called my left side unbearable, and she poured boiling water on my face. My dad put her in a hospital, and that was day I vowed to never use my fire in battle." He finished his story with a hand covering his frost-burned eye. Deku couldn't bring himself to say anything. He understood the pain of isolation, but not to that extent because he always had Tomura, and he had a good father too. 

"Back to my point, when you used your power, it felt familiar. It felt like when we fought the Nomu. Like your power was on par with the being made to kill All Might. I knew you had a 'special' connection with All Might, but I think its deeper than that. That quirk of yours, the one that's similar to All Might's, you didn't get it from a criminal, did you?" He asked him accusingly.

"..." Deku said nothing.

"So I'm correct, right? You're not denying it."

"I'm not confirming it either."

"Well silence can say a lot."

"And it isn't always right."

"..."

"..."

Utter silence. Now that the flash fire argument had iced over, the silence was deafening. Deku had finally returned Todoroki's glare with one of his own, no longer intimidated by him. They stood for a few moments, the tension growing with each passing second. Todoroki turned to walk away, leaving his final words to the standoff.

"I'm going to beat you. And will NOT use my old mans damn fire." He states without emotion. Before he could leave though, Deku called out.

"If you think you can beat me without using YOUR full power, then I'll show you just how wrong you are!" He said with a bit of anger, and a lot of determination. Todoroki said nothing, opting to just leave. Deku went the other way to see who was fighting who. 

He reached the chart, and read it, making a mental note of it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Round 1:

Match 1 - Izuku Midoriya VS. Neito Monoma

Match 2 - Denki Kaminari VS. Hitoshi Shinso

Match 3 - Tenya Iida VS. Mei Hatsume

Match 4 - Shoto Todoroki VS. Hanta Sero

Match 5 - Mina Ashido VS. Yuga Aoyama

Match 6 - Momo Yaoyorozu VS. Fumikage Tokoyami

Match 7 - Eijiro Kirishima VS. Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu

Match 8 - Katsuki Bakugo VS. Ochako Uraraka

-----------------------------------------------------------------

He didn't know who Monoma was or what is quirk was, but he had a goal now.

Face Todoroki.

Before he could have a second thought, a familiar voice sounded through the stadium.

"ALL CONTESTANTS EXCEPT FOR MIDORIYA AND MONOMA TAKE YOUR SEATS! MATCH 1 WILL BEGIN SHORTLY!"

Its time.

Go big or go home.

And nobody plans on going home.

Hey guys, Chris here, and I have some things I want to say. 

First and foremost, thank so much for 100 followers. I reached that yesterday and I'm fairly certain I stopped breathing for a minimum of 87 seconds. So thank you all again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Second, I'm sorry for the short chapter. But I needed to write this real quick, as I plan on covering the first round of matches next chapter, and so on. 

Lastly, I hope you enjoyed this (very short) chapter, and I hope to see you again next time on Sins Of The Father.

Have a great day/afternoon/evening y'all!