U.S.J - Finale

This was it. The battle that would decide the fate of most people in the building.

The Students VS. The Nomu.

The building was silent, anyone conscious not daring to utter a single sound.

The calm before the raging storm that was soon to follow.

"We sure we're doing this?" Deku asked the 3 beside him. Although he knew what their answers would be, he wanted to be sure they knew what they were signing up for. He already knew what their answers were though. 

"Let's do this!" They all said in unison. Deku was content knowing they were all on the same page. 

"Actually, I should tell you about my plan first." Deku begins to explain his thoughts on defeating the Nomu, given what they know about it. On the flip-side, the Nomu just stood there, almost as if it were taunting them with its calmness. The students knew he could be hurt based on the aftermath of Deku's attack, but it recovered fairly quickly, even without healing. So they had to hit it fast and hard, or it'd just get up again. Or, they could just hit it really hard, but they knew if Deku couldn't knock it out with a full power punch, none of them could. 

Half-way through the discussion of defeating the villain, its master spoke up. "Kill them. And don't fail me."

The beast looks from him to the kids, its face neutral the entire time. Then, before the kids even catch on to what Shigaraki ordered, the Nomu goes from statue to sports car, racing to the other side of the field almost instantly. The students had no time to react as its giant fist slammed into the earth, sending chucks of rock and soil, as well as the students flying in several directions. The students were dazed and now aching in parts of their bodies, and Deku didn't finish explaining the plan, but thankfully, they knew THEIR parts. It was just up to Deku to do his when they were finished.

The Nomu was still standing in the crater it made, deciding on which student to crush first, when the students took their turns. Todoroki launched ice at it, trying to freeze it in place, but it was much more careful now, knowing it couldn't heal back. Seeing this, he created walls, big ones, that would hold it in place, for a moment at least. Then, Bakugo made his move, using a gauntlet and sending a massive explosion into the Nomu, although it didn't do as much damage as it could've. It was still as strong as All Might, so getting close was still off the table. Aside from some burns, the Nomu was fine. It then shot towards Bakugo, readying a powerful strike. But before it could be delivered, some shot in and shoved Bakugo out of the way. 

It was Deku and Kirishima.

Deku took the punch, absorbing it since it would've broken through Kirishima's hardening. Kirishima was there though, so he hardened his body, and while the Nomu was recovering from the hit, he punched it as hard as he could in the side. The hardened fist hit the Nomu and a small cracking sound was heard as the Nomu jumped back. It wasn't much, not much at all, but Kirishima had fractured a rib. 

Seeing its shock, Todoroki launched more ice, and seeing as his fist was hardened when he attacked, Todoroki made a single spike, concentrated to be denser and stronger then before. It hit the Nomu as it tried to jump towards Kirishima, and skewered it in the calf. It would slow it down a little, but that was about it. But those 2 attack made it abundantly clear that they could hurt it. And if they could hurt it, they could win.

By this time, Deku had rejoined the group. Their plan was that Deku would take the punches because he was really the only one that could safely. Bakugo and Kirishima counter the Nomu and Todoroki hits from afar. That's what they got to at least. Deku was talking about how his role was vital, but didn't get to explain why. And they knew the limit of the shock absorption, Deku told them, and with the power of the Nomu, he could only take a few more hits without injury. But they trusted him, because they didn't have another choice but to do so.