U.S.J - Part 1

"TIME FOR LUNCH!" The shark man screamed, his voice muffled by the water. Deku tried to scream, but ended up just wasting his remaining oxygen. He put his hands to his throat with a face of fear as he watched the shark get closer and closer. But then, just before he reached Deku, he was kicked in the face by someone swimming faster than him. It was a girl, with dark green hair and a bright green suit with a secondary black color making the green pop. This girl was Tsuyu 'Tsu' Asui, hero name Froppy. She looked over at Deku and smiled.

"Hey Midoriya!" She said before spitting her tongue at him. It wrapped around his waist as she jumped out of the water, bringing him with her. He also noticed the small object she had in her arm. A small purple object with circular objects at the top, which Deku recognized as Mineta, hero name Grape Juice. He was bleeding from his nose, which had Deku concerned for a moment, until he realized the position he was in. Mineta was pressed against Asui's, uh, 'chest' area. While they were in the air, the grapist spoke, making the author regret his use of censorship.

"You know, for a frog you've got some good boobs." He told her. It must of upset her, because instead of gently placing him on the ship in the splash zone, as she did with Deku, Mineta came dropping out of the air, landing with a thump and an "ARRGH". 

Deku rose to his feet and looked over the edge of the ship to get a better view of the spot they were stuck in. What he saw scared him stiff. There was a ton of villains with water based quirks surrounding them, not getting closer, but clearly unafraid of the students. They were also in the middle of the splash zone, meaning there was no safe way out. Realizing this, he called over his classmates to discuss what to do, because he knew the only way they were getting out, alive, at least, was to work together. The first thing he did was point out the obvious.

"They don't seem to be advancing." He said, not noticing they were staring at him like the dumbest man alive.

"Yeah! We also have eyes!" Mineta yelled, not seeing the point in Deku's observation.

"I know, but the point is, were outnumbered, by a LOT. So the fact that they're playing it safe like this makes me think they don't know our quirks. Asui, you're another reason that makes me think that." He explained.

"Call me Tsu." She said, oddly calm for the situation.

"Ummm... O-Okay T-Tsu. Well, like I was saying with our quirks-" He began, but she cut him off.

"You said I was a reason you think they don't know. Why's that? Ribbit." 

W-Well, it's because of your quirk, if they knew our quirks, they'd have probably put you in the burning city. But they put you in the splash zone, filled with water, where a frog would do best." He finished. 

"So, we have an advantage, mentally at least. For all they know, we could be super powerful. And we are. So-" This time, he was cut off by Mineta.

"Powerful? POWERFUL!? Have you seen me!? We are not powerful in anyway, except for you. Speaking of that, why aren't you taking their quirks!?" Mineta screeched at him, thankfully not loud enough for the villains to hear.

"Because of 2 reasons. 1: What would I do with them? And 2: I don't think I can. Their quirks completely change their anatomy, so even if I did, their physical aspects won't change, kind of like Mr. Aizawa's quirk, I can't do much against mutant type quirks." He explained, only for Tsu to point something out.

"But what about the sludge guy? I saw the news report when you saved Bakugo. You took his quirk and he turned into a normal human, won't they do that too?" She asked, making a valid point. Deku, however, shook his head.

"Actually," He began, looking at his hand as it turned into the goo like substance, "That quirk was a transformation quirk. He always had that human body, he was just in a different form." He concluded by changing his hand back to normal. Tsu nodded understandingly.

"So, what should we do? Ribbit." She asked. Before an answer could be given, a giant hand smacked the ship, cracking the metal and shaking it violently. They looked over the edge again, and the villains were losing patience, one of them using his quirk to create a giant hand of water, which was what hit the boat. Deku put on a brave face as he answered, his gaze still on the villains.

"We have to fight."

"FIGHT!? YOU WANT US TO FIGHT WITH OUR QUIRKS!? WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO TO THEM!?" Mineta screamed, the villains hearing the commotion this time. They smirked, now thinking the kids were to weak to beat them, so with new confidence, they began attacking the ship harder. The kids started panicking, not knowing what to do, until Deku came up with a plan, he just had to hope it would work.

"Okay, I have an idea. If all goes well, we won't really have to fight. I'm gonna use an attack that should spread them out enough for us to make a safe exit. Tsu, when I do this, I need you to catch me, okay?" He asked, getting confirmation before his crazy plan goes into effect. Tsu nodded, not knowing his plan, but willing to help if it could save. A jump in the dark was safer than facing what resides within it. Mineta wasn't on the same page.

"Tsu, your agreeing to this! This could get us killed!" 

"And doing nothing will definitely get us killed. So if it means we have a chance, I'll do it. Ribbit."

"NO! If you guys die, I'll be left to fend for myself, and I'm not strong enough to deal with them!" Mineta told them shakily. This gave Deku an idea.

"How about this than," He placed his hand on Mineta's head, and a bright light shown for a moment before he removed his hand. "I'll give your quirk a temporary boost. Now, you should be strong enough for now." He said. Mineta's eyes lit up, his fear forgotten for the moment.

"You boosted my quirk? How?" 

"It's something my quirk can do. My real one." 

"...Then lets go with your plan. If I'm stronger right now, then now's the time to get out of here." He said with renewed confidence. Just then, Tsu pulled Deku aside.

"Midoriya, did you actually boost his quirk?" She whispered to him. To her surprise, he shook his head.

"No, I just said that so he'd believe in himself. It was more like a confidence boost." He revealed to her, still whispering so Mineta was none the wiser.

"If you're sure about this, we don't have much time. Mineta was right, now's the time to act." She told him, talking aloud so that Mineta could hear. Deku nodded and placed his foot on the side of the boat, and jumped.

Energy lit up around his fingers as he used One For All. He noticed that there were even more than he originally guessed, so he decided not to hold back. He charged OFA at 100% and flicked at the water, causing massive wind pressure to shoot into the liquid. This force of the wind caused the water to sink and spiral, pulling more and more of the villains towards the center. Deku was sent flying, his fingers used in the attack were shattered. He called out to Tsu as she jumped into action, holding Mineta and using tongue to grab Deku. Mineta's thoughts were on something else.

"Midoriya must be terrified. Even though he boosted my quirk, he's still doing everything. I'm still scared... No, I'm tired of doing nothing. I'm tired of being scared!" He finished his internal dialogue as he grabbed for the balls on top of his head. He began popping them off and throwing them into the water, one after another, while shouting, "TAKE THIS YOU BASTARDS! YOU CAN ALL EAT MY STICKY BALLS!". The villains couldn't avoid the balls, because they as well were being sucked into the center of the water, slowly but surely sinking. His scalp began to bleed, but he kept going. The balls began sticking to the villains, their hands becoming stuck after they failed to remove them.

Eventually, every villain was sucked into the whirlpool, each one with at least one of Mineta's balls attached to them. They then all got stuck together as one big group, the balls that hadn't stuck to anyone falling in and connecting everyone to each other as the whirlpool became a geyser, rocketing them through the air, now unconscious due to the dizziness and the force of the geyser. The students won with 2 swift moves.

"You two are amazing. I guess this means we cleared the splash zone!" Tsu thought to herself happily now that her life, for the meantime, wasn't in danger.

But unfortunately, someone else's was.