⇢ 𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥

THE STREETS OF Queens were almost barren. Cars that were left by those who dusted stayed parked on the road with some even halfway on the sidewalks.

Y/N wore a brown coat to combat the chilly weather as he walked through the neighborhood. He passed walls recently filled with missing person posters, simply glancing at them before continuing. His destination was just a couple of blocks away.

"I hope this is enough to warm you up." May Parker said as she placed the coffee mug on the table.

Y/N nodded as he picked it up. "Thank you."

She sat down holding her coffee cup. The man took a sip of the hot drink as they sat in silence for a moment.

"When I first found out Peter was Spider-Man..." May abruptly spoke.

"We don't need to talk about this now if you don't—"

"I do." She interjected and let out a sigh, then continued. "I wanted to ground him forever. How could he go running into danger without telling me?"

Y/N rested his hands on the table near his mug as he listened to the woman.

"I've always told him to run the other way. That's what I told my husband. But just like Ben...Peter was stubborn." She said. "I threatened to take the suit Stark gave him, but he looked me straight in the eye and said you take this suit, I'll just make another."

May sniffled as she recalled that conversation with her nephew.

"I cried

"I cried. I begged him to stop. I asked why he goes out fighting the same type of people who killed Ben. Then he told me...he told me it was his responsibility."

Y/N looked down at his hands and nodded. He also remembered his moment with Peter before going to Germany two years ago. He said something similar.

She continued. "I couldn't stop him from doing what he thought was right, so I let it be. But now...he's gone...doing the very thing I wanted him to stop."

"I cannot imagine the pain you are feeling right now, Ms. Parker." Y/N said. "And nothing I say will alleviate that. I'm sorry."

"It's okay."

"He was one of the brightest kids I've met. It hurts to see him gone. The fact that I couldn't..." Y/N paused and took a breath in. "I'm going to live with that for the rest of my life."

May didn't say anything and kept looking down at her cup. Y/N reached into a pocket within his coat and pulled out an envelope.

"I told you a while ago that Stark and I will support you as much as we can." He said. "Here."

She looked at the envelope on the table and immediately knew what it was. May shook her head.

"I don't want it."