Someone Loves Me

“Mommy.” I called. I looked over to see a younger me lying in my mother’s lap. I furrowed my eyebrows not understanding where I was but continued to watch the scene in front of me. My eyes were on my beautiful mother as she looked down at my younger self.

“Yes honey.” She answered. “Am I pretty?” the younger me asked. I felt my heart squeeze at the question. I looked at the tormented girl in front of me, and then looked up at my mother. She seemed surprised at my question, but then smiled. I took a hesitated step towards them. It was obvious they could not see. So I might as well get a little closer. My mother was looking down at the younger me and smiled. “There is not anything or anyone that compare to your beauty my young angel. You put the beautiful night sky to shame. The most beautiful flower has no comparison to you. You are beautiful inside and out and never ever let anyone tell you different.”  The younger me smiled, a toothy smile. My mother smiled back and continued to stroke my hair.

I smiled at my mother, and I could already feel the wetness on face, as tears poured at my mother’s words, those words that I had forgotten about a long time ago. I watched as my mother started to hum a soft song that I loved so much to hear, while she combed my hair with her fingers and looked at my younger self with loving eyes.

A choked sob escaped from my lips as I realized I would never be able to have my mother tell me such nice words, or have her sing me too sleep at night. I didn’t have her anymore. “Honey the cookies are almost done.” I turned to see my father walking into the living room. He was just as I remembered.

My father was very handsome. He fit well with my mother. He was tall and muscular, but not too much. At first glance I would grantee that you would run away from him because he looked like someone you just don’t mess with and it was true at times, but at heart my father was a big teddy bear.

I watched as he lifted my legs and sat down. He then took my legs and placed them on his lap and tickled my belly. The younger me giggled and squirmed, trying to get away from his tickling hands. I smiled at the sight before me, my heart aching for the love they use to give me. Wishing for them to come back and do that kind of stuff after a long day of being made fun of or getting pushed around by the other kids. I wished I had them again.

I silently cried as I continued to watch them. “Mom, dad, I ‘m home” I snapped my head to the side to see a younger looking Jordan entering the living room. “Jordan, your home.” The younger me got up and ran to her older brother. She then jumped in his arms. Jordan took her in his arms and chuckled a bit. “Hey there Dess, missed me?” he joked. “Of course I did silly. I miss you every day when your away.” she giggled, probably at the way she rhymed.

I have forgotten these types of memories, these good, beautiful memories.

Jordan looked up at mom and dad and smiled. “How was your day, son?” My father asked. Jordan grinned and began to talk about all the stuff he did in the day. He had quickly taken a seat in between my mom and dad with the younger me on his lap. I watched as he talked about riding his bike with Jake and going by the neighbors for cookies.

Jordan was always so joyful and full of life. He was also very talkative. I smiled through the tears that were running down my face. They all looked so happy and at peace and I wish my life was still like how it was back then. Back then I was loved and cared for, even though not everyone liked me and I was bullied a lot by most of my pack members, I still had people that loved me.

It didn’t matter that it was only my parents and my brother, and maybe Jake too, I didn’t care because I was being loved and it was enough for me.