It's Just A Little To Late For Sorrys

I headed up to my room. I didn’t want to see anyone from the blue moon pack. I headed up to my old room because that’s where I’m staying. I reached the bedroom door, my mind filled with memories that I forced down in the back of my head. I shook myself out of my thoughts.

I opened up my door entering the medium sized room. It looked exactly the way I left it. Everything was in the same place. I was surprised they didn’t take all my stuff out and throw it away. That’s not the only thing that surprised me, I smelled that intoxicating scent and that’s the only scent I smelled other than my faint scent that I left behind.

I closed my bedroom door.  I had already taken all of my stuff out of the jeep. I dropped my stuff on the floor and walked around my room. I still couldn’t believe everything was still here. I pulled open my little closet and I saw all my clothes were still here.

I turned back and looked under my bed to find the $300 I was saving up from since I was 14 was still there. “Waw” I said just shocked.

I got up and sat on my bed. When I sat down I smelt Jake’s scent on my bed. Why was he in here? From the corner of my eyes I saw a picture lying flat on my bedside table. I picked it up and looked at it. I could feel my vision starting to blur. I was feeling the burning sensation in my eyes.

The picture was of me and Jake on his eighth birthday. We had a lot of fun together, just me and him. I felt a single tear fall. I quickly wiped it away. I didn’t want to cry. I haven’t cried over anyone in this pack in four long years and I am not about to start now. I put the picture flat down so I wouldn’t see our happy faces any more.

I got up and figured I should just hit the sack. I went in the bathroom and took a quick shower then brushed my teeth. I tied my hair into a messy bun. I got dressed in an oversized t-shirt and my favorite pajama pants that I left here.

I climbed into bed and glanced at my old alarm clock and saw that it was on 8:00. I breathed out; I closed my eyes trying to fall asleep. I twisted and turned in my bed, I did that for about an hour. I grumbled out some curse words and I huffed and flip over so that I was lying on my back.

I just stared up at my ceiling. I just started thinking about everything that happened to me, from my parents’ death to moving in to live with the dark shadow pack. I remembered the good times I had with Jake and my brother and smiled as I thought about them. I remembered when Jake would stand up for me or when my brother would let me sleep in his bed when I had nightmares even though I could have gone to my parents and they would kindly accept me in their bed. He always did that kind of stuff for me that’s until my parents died.

I felt a little pain in my heart when I thought about everything that happened after that. I only had one person there for me which was Jake’s dad. He was always there for me and cared for me. He loved me when no one else would; he treated me as if I was his own. He was truly one of a kin-

I shot up from my bed. “I am such a bitch” I groaned. I was so caught up with the whole show off my hot bod thing that I didn’t get a chance to see him, but thinking about it I didn’t see him when I first arrived here. I didn’t see him at all to day. He couldn’t of have had alpha stuff to do because that’s Jake’s job now so where was he. I scrunched my eyebrows together wondering why he wasn’t here. He must have gone out for the day or something I thought, but then I remembered that Jason told me that Jake said that when we come here all pack members would be here because he made sure of it.

I raked my brain trying to figure out where he went. I then thought back to my last meeting with the elders. They said that there was a retreat for the past alphas of the packs in the region that would last for two weeks. He must be there. All past alphas were required to come not sure why though.

I relaxed again and glanced at my clock and noticed that it was already midnight. I still didn’t feel up to sleeping. I climbed out of bed and decided to head down to the kitchen to get some cold nice strawberry milk. It was always I old habit that me and Jacob shared; we would always wake up in the middle of the night to get some.

I remember when we first discovered our love for strawberry milk; we couldn’t get enough of the stuff. Our parents had enough of us draining them dry from buying so much strawberry milk. They decided that we can only have some at night before bed. Jacob and I agreed on it and did that.

After about two days we started to get greedy, both of us fighting about who drank the last bit of strawberry milk. Our parents was not having that at all, so they had another great idea, they decided to buy both of us a large carton of strawberry milk so we wouldn’t fight over it anymore. Still not wanting my brother’s hands on my milk I wrote my name on it and he did the same. I chuckled a bit at the memory. We took our dairy products very seriously. It continued over the years even after our parents died.

I quickly made it to the kitchen and opened the fridge and looked inside to see if it had any. I noticed a big J all the way in the back of the fridge. I smirked and moved all the other items from out of the way. I looked at the carton to see my Jacob’s name big and bold on the carton.

I shook my head. I was just about to reach for a glass when an idea popped in my head. I smirked and open up the carton of milk and drank the sweet strawberry milk. I seriously loved this milk. I could feel all my problems washing away as I drank more.

“I can see something’s never change” I stopped drinking the milk and turned around slowly. Once I fully turned around I was met by a very amused Jacob. He had a big smile on his face. He looked like the Jacob I remembered before our parent died, but I knew better now.

I smirked at him and whipped my mouth knowing I had a milk mustache on my face. “Oh but something’s do” I responded. He frowned a little as he saw my face hardened. I continued to drink the carton of milk.

“I guess you didn’t see my name on the box huh” he asked me with another smile on his face. “Huh, your name?” I asked, playing dumb. “Yeah my name, it’s right there” he said playing along. I looked around the box then pointed at his name. “Is this your name” I asked trying not to smile. He still had his smile on his face, “yep that’s my name “he said as his smile gets bigger. “Oh god does that mean this is your milk, I hope you didn’t want it” as soon as I said that I brought the carton up to my mouth and drank the rest of the milk, and just for the hell of it I made the ‘ahhh’ sound.

He shook his head and laughed. He looked at me again, “you really have change” he said with a look I never thought my brother would look at me with again, a look of love. I felt my heart squeeze a little.

I didn’t want to forgive him; I didn’t want to forgive any of them. “Yep, that what happens when you’ve been tormented by the ones you called family for your whole life.” I said as I glared at him. He was about to speak but I beat him to  it. ”That’s what happens when your parents die and everyone says it’s your fault and your only brother turns his back on you. “That’s what happens when your best friend rejects you and breaks your fragile heart.”

“It happens when you run away and nobody comes to look for you, not even the only family you had left” I said through gritted teeth. I’ve been waiting a long time for this moment but I don’t think I can handle it.

Being here is breaking me and I have only been here for a day. Jacob was staring at me with a tear stained face, his eyes full of regret. I just glared at him to hurt to even speak anymore.

“I’m so sorry destiny, I know I should have been there when you needed me and for that I’m sorry” his eyes pleading for forgiveness, his voice cracked and each word he said. I stared at him no longer glaring daggers at him. I just wanted to forgive him but I knew better but I could feel myself giving in. I know I’m stronger than this. My face instantly hardened. “You had four whole years to say sorry, but you didn’t bother coming and look for me, no scratch that you had eight years to tell me sorry but you never did” I said to him. My face showed no emotion.

“I think it’s a bit too late for your sorry” and with that I headed up to my room. I climbed into bed and shut my eyes forcing myself to go to sleep. The last words I said still ringed in my ears as I felt myself drifting off into a dreamless sleep.