Scarlet Letter- Chapter 19

CHAPTER 19

"So you're gonna throw a party tonight, I assume?" Mom asked me.

I smiled. "Tomorrow night. I can't host it tonight. Geez, I still haven't unpacked my wardrobe."

I decided to move out of our house since I'm already 19. I bought a house somewhere near my parent's house. It's only a kilometre away. By the way, the papers for Leslie's legal adoption are already done. That's a reason for the party. The other is, of course, the new house.

"Okay, so Leslie will stay with us until Sunday." Mom said.

"Yeah, I'll pick her up Sunday afternoon."

We decided that Leslie will stay in my house during weekdays and in my parent's on weekends since I'm always away during Saturdays and Sundays. I got her a sitter so I don't always have to keep an eye on her.

"Oh, by the way, I can lend you Maria," Mom offered. "Three housekeepers are too many, now you've moved out. I figured you'll need one."

I laughed. "That would be great, Mom."

When my Mom already left, I made myself busy by putting all of my shoes on their designated areas. I heard the click of the doorknob in my room. I'm in my walk-in closet.

"Mom? Did you forget something?" I asked.

The door in my walk-in closet was pushed open. I turned around to ask her again.

"Did you-"

Fck.

"How-?" I stood there with my mouth hanging open.

Harry Styles is grinning at me.

"Where's the poise, supermodel Blair Etheridge?"

I quickly closed my mouth, feeling a blush creeping on my cheeks.

"How did you get in? Wait. How did you even know I'm here?"

His grin remained. "I saw your Mom on the road and we chatted for a moment. She mentioned you transferred to another house. She gave me directions."

"But how on earth have you managed to get in?"

"You might as well think of locking the door next time," he told me.

"I could have forgotten," I mumbled.

He smiled at me. "You're looking great."

"You're not so bad yourself," I replied in my usual flirty self.

He walked the distance between us and kissed me.

I returned the kiss. I realized how I miss him. His touch, his kiss, everything of him.

I have my arms around his neck while his hands travelled leisurely up and down my body. I didn't complain.

He hastily removed my jacket and managed not to break the kiss. It dropped to the floor with a thud. I pulled away to gasp for air. Harry's hands rested at my hips as he kiss my jaw. I cocked my head to the side to give him further access to my throat.

I jumped at the sound of my phone. Harry pulled away, an annoyed look etched on his handsome features. Without any preamble, he reached for it in the pocket of my pants. I saw a hint of a smile playing on his lips. His expression changed when he looked on the screen. His pissed look is on again.

"Um, my phone?" I held my palm out, demanding my phone.

He blinked at me. "Let it go to voicemail. Not important."

"Why don't you just reject it if you think it's not important?" I said sarcastically. "It's your phone, anyway."

He smirked at me, his eyes gleaming with mischief. "Good point." He paused. "On second thought, I'd let it go to voice mail. I have to hear what he has to say."