Scarlet Letter- Chapter 11

CHAPTER 11

Harry and I were a tangled mess when I woke up next morning. I had my hands on his bare chest and his legs were on my legs and his hand was on my hip. My shirt, I mean, his shirt (the one that I'm wearing) was lifted up to my waist so it revealed my black Victoria's Secret underwear.

I was afraid that if I pulled down my shirt, I'd wake him up because his hand's on my hip, so I stayed still. He looks so peaceful in sleep. He looks like an angel.

After a few minutes, his eyes opened and he was staring into nothingness, like he was still dreaming. Then he looked me in the eye and his eyes widened a little.

I smiled at him. "Good morning, Harry."

He smiled back. "Good morning, Blair."

We stayed like that for a full minute, staring and smiling at each other like fools.

"Uhm, Harry? Could you remove your hands off my ass and my back?"

He blushed and removed them. I pulled my shirt down and sat up.

"Awww." My head hurts. Hangover is a bitch.

He sat up too. "Are you okay?" he asked.

"Hangover."

"I'll look for some Advil." He searched into the drawers. "The drawers are full of condoms, not medicine. How gross is that?" he scoffed.

"No need. Can I just borrow your phone?"

"What about, let's walk back to the convention center, eat breakfast, then I'd drive you home?" he offered.

"Sounds good to me. I'll just take a shower."

I'm just thankful that my clothes from last night were already dry. We checked out and we silently walked back to the convention center.

I sat on the passenger seat and turned the radio on. They're playing a song I don't recognize so I switched stations. I stopped when I heard Maroon 5 on the radio. I sang along with Adam on She Will Be Loved. Harry too, was singing.

"You didn't tell me you have a nice voice," he said.

"I do not."

"You do. You sound like... Jessie J."

"I definitely don't." My parents said I have a great voice, back when I was in middle school. But my passion is not for singing but for modelling so I dropped my voice lessons. It will be just a waste to force me to sing when I don't want to. I sing when I feel like singing. Like now. 'Cause I'm definitely in love with Adam Levine.

"Hey, can I borrow your phone?"

He handed me his phone. I dialled Vi's digits. It had gone straight to voice mail. I didn't bother to leave a message. When times like this that she didn't answer, she's too busy with an important stuff. Harry's phone suddenly rang. I was startled I actually dropped it. Beside me, Harry laughed.

"Can you please answer it? I'm driving," he said.

I picked up the phone and looked at the screen. Louis.

"Hey! Where were you? Why didn't you sleep here in our flat? You're the one who proposed this sleepover then you're the one missing? Shame. Why aren't you speaking? Too guilty, huh?"

"Morning Lou!" I said in a cheerful tone.

"You're not Harry! Who's this?"

"It's me, Blair!"

"Oh. Hi Blair. Where's Harry?"

"He's... Unavailable at the moment."

"Tell him to wear his pants now and drag his butt here."

I laughed. "Actually, he's wearing his pants. And we're about to get breakfast."

"What kind of breakfast?"

"Food. McDonalds."

I looked at Harry and he's shaking his head and smirking. I know he knows what Lou is telling.

"I see. Just tell him to go here the minute you're done with 'breakfast'."

I laughed again. "Okay. Bye Lou."

"I'm sorry for making you hear whatever Lou said," he said with a laugh.

"It's okay. I like him though."

His laugh abruptly stopped. "I just want you to know that he's with Carla and they're very serious."

"Okay." So what?, I added in my head. I didn't say it out loud because we'll fight again and I'm not in the mood to fight today.

We arrived at Mcdo and had some breakfast. We were seated at the farthest corner of the room so we won't be noticed by the people here.

"What's their toy today?"

"I think it's Winnie the Pooh."

I stood up. "I'll just buy them all for Leslie."

He stood up too. "Me too. I'll buy one for Louis and I'll get Niall food."

After that, he drove me to our house. The ride was silent.

"Do you want to come in?" I asked him when we're already in front of our house.

He shook his head. "I have to deliver the food to Niall before it gets cold."

"Okay. See you around then."

He smiled. "Bye, Blair."

Later that afternoon, there was an interview with Harry clearing the rumors about me being Leslie's mother. He has a good heart then.

"About the brawl that happened last night between you and the model Francisco Lachowski, is it because of Blair Etheridge?" a reporter asked. Ugh. Another issue for me. I'm so in demand by the paparazzi nowadays.

Harry laughed. "She's just so pretty, isn't she?" is all he said.

-