Scarlet Letter- Chapter 15

CHAPTER 15

"Technically speaking, the custody of Leslie is yours now since you're her closest family member." The lawyer told us.

"Can you believe that? You're gonna live with us!" Mom told Leslie excitedly.

Leslie just smiled. It seems that she lack the energy that my mother possess.

"And Blair's gonna be like, your Mummy!" Dad said.

I grimaced. "No freaking way."

Leslie's smile got wider. "I don't want her to be my Mummy either. She's more of an annoying cousin to me."

"Look who's talking," I said, smiling.

"So tell us, do we still need to adopt her or something?" Mom asked the lawyer.

"In some ways. You still have to do paperworks for you to prove your worth of her custody. But it's not that much," he answered.

We had lunch. After that, the lawyer drove off. Mom and Dad went to their office just inside our house to start doing paperworks for Leslie's legal adoption. I was left alone with her here in the living room.

"You want to get out?" I asked her.

"No," she said without life.

I bit my lip. I'm really not used to her being like this. "Uhm, so what do you want to do?"

"Nothing."

"You want to party?"

She shook her head. "You could party if you like," she said.

"I will, thank you very much."

She laughed. "Okay. I want to see Harry."

I raised an eyebrow. "Just because he's here in the country doesn't mean you have to abuse him."

"I don't," she said a matter-of-factly. "You do."

"I do not!"

She laughed again.

"Now, you're laughing. That's what I wanted to see. Because you laughed, we can go and see Harry."

Her eyes lit up. "Really?"

"Yup. Let's go?" I asked, standing up.

"Uhm, actually, I think I want to go somewhere first."

"Sure, I'll come with you."

"Of course you will. How would I be able to go there if you won't drive me?" She rolled her eyes. The old Leslie is coming out of the shell where she has been hiding these past few days.

I smiled and rolled my eyes too. "Of course. How stupid of me."

"Glad you know."

After a few seconds of silence, we both roared with laughter.

"Okay. Where are we going?" I asked.

"To Tiny Me!"

"To Tiny Me. Let's go."

While we're in the car, Leslie borrowed my phone to entertain herself. She's playing Angry Run.

It took us 20 minutes to arrive at the doll shop. Leslie returned my phone as we enter the shop.

When I was opening the door, I accidentally dropped my phone. I bent to pick it up but someone also did so we ended up bumping each other's forehead.

I looked up and found myself staring at Harry Styles' eyes.

"Hey," he said. I could smell his breath. Minty. We're like, two inches away from each other.

I smiled at him. "Hello."

And I picked up my phone at the same time he picked it up so it resulted in him holding my hand.

He laughed and let go. I rolled my eyes while smiling.

"OMG. That's the sweetest thing I've ever witnessed!" Leslie exclaimed.

"Whatever," I mumbled.

"Blair, it's like what I see in the movies. The cheesy moment when the protagonists reached for something and they ended up holding each other's hand instead." She sighed.

"You're only seven and you've seen those kinds of movies? Who even let you watch those?"

"Violet does."

My frown made Harry laugh.

"Why are you here? We're actually going to see you after we went here," I told him.

"Let's just say a lead was given to me by a very reliable source," he said in a mock-mysterious tone.

"Yeah right. As if Leslie's reliable." I faced my little cousin who just shrugged. I assumed she texted Harry from my phone.

"She is," Harry said. He draped his arm around my shoulder and led me to the attendant who's waiting for us.

-

We all got dolls that look like us. They're so adorable. Mine looks exactly like me. It's wearing a purple dress, like what I'm wearing today. It even wears my cream Mary Jane's shoes.

"So where are we going next?" Harry asked.

"We?" I repeated.

"No! Us. Me and Harry," Leslie retorted.

"Then you talk to each other. I'm leaving."

"Leave then," she said in a bored tone.

"Brat," I muttered and went straight to my car. I know Harry will take care of Leslie. He'll bring her back home safely.

"Wait! Blair! I'm just kidding. You can have a date with Harry. I know you want to."

I turned around with a crease on my forehead. "Who told you I want to date him?"

"Maybe you don't but he does," Leslie answered smugly.

I scowled at Harry. "What evil seed did you plant at her brain?"

"The seed of recognizing chemistry between two people?" he answered with a grin.

"Cheesy," I said in a disgusted tone.

"But you like it," he teased me.

"Ha. As if."

"Stop it. You're making me sick," Leslie whined. "Can you just drop me off somewhere? Like, at Georgia's house?"

"My niece Georgia?" Harry asked.

"Yeah. Come on. So you could do whatever you want to do when you're out of my sight," Leslie declared.

"Like what, killing him? I've always wanted to do that," I said.

"No, like, kissing," Leslie said.

"Oh, we already did that not so long ago," Harry answered with a wicked grin. I turned red.

My little cousin rolled her eyes. "Just drop me off Georgia's and you're free to do what you want."

Harry smiled mischievously and obliged to Leslie's command.

-