Scarlet Letter- Chapter 25

CHAPTER 25

"That interview was awesome, you know!" Carla said when we're already on our ride back to the hotel. The other girls agreed.

"Ellen's hilarious," Patty stated.

"She is. She reminds me so much of your Mom," Carla told Olivia.

The latter laughed. "You know what? I'm thinking of having a girls' night out tonight. What do you think?" she asked us.

"Count me in," Patty and Carla said at the same time.

"Jinx! You treat me drinks!" Carla shouted.

Patty laughed. "Okay."

"Candid?" Olivia asked.

"Uhm, sure."

Olivia turned to me. I shrugged.

"Okay, so we'll just go back to the hotel to get changed then we're off."

I decided to wear a tattered pair of leggings and a nice sleeveless shirt. I put on my black boots with 4 inches heels. I applied the make-up that goes on with my outfit. Now I look like a rockstar. I laughed.

There was a knock on my door. I opened it and found Candid Prescott in her usual shy self.

"Blair, uhm..."

I smiled at her. "Let me guess. You need help dressing up?" I learned that she only brought one dress and that's the one she wore at Ellen. The clothes she brought here at LA are composed of t-shirts and jeans.

Her face reddened. "I don't think my jeans and shirt are appropriate."

"Yeah, I don't think so." I pulled her inside and shut the door.

I made her wear one of my dresses. It's a royal blue tube dress. It's just simple and it's not too short. But she keeps on tugging.

I rolled my eyes. "You know what makes a model look great?"

She looked at me.

"She can carry her outfit. She's comfortable wearing it. And that doesn't only apply to models but to everybody. So stop tugging."

She did. I did her make-up next and then arranged her strawberry blonde hair into an elegant bun.

I smiled. "You know, you're really pretty. You just don't know how to glamorize yourself."

She blushed. "Thanks."

"Wait. You aren't fifteen, are you?"

She giggled. "I'm 18."

"Good. Hey, let's meet the other girls. They might be waiting for us already."

We got out and found Patty, Carla, and Olivia seated at the couch in the reception area. Their eyes widened when they saw Candid.

"Holy cow. Princess, is that you?" Carla asked.

Candid blushed. "Do I look okay?"

"No! More than okay! You look absolutely wonderful!" Patty exclaimed.

"Niall will go nuts if he saw you right now," Olivia told her. She turned to me. "You're really good at this make-up thingy. And the outfit. It's just perfect."

I shrugged. "I'm a model, remember?"

"Maybe you could give me some tips."

"You seem to be doing well," I said.