He's Mine chapter 17

*POV. Moxxie*

[Next Day]

I wake up after napping waiting for the rescue team to arrive. Checking up on blitzo I realized that he was burning up with a fever due to getting soak up by the rain last night. I quickly search the first aid kit to find some painkillers and antibiotics tablets, I had no idea which one to give him so I gave him one of each.

Making sure that blitzo is taken care of. I rush out to find a way to signal for help as the rain has finally stopped. I stacked up a lot of branches next to a tree and light it, hoping that it would give enough smoke for someone to see.

Seeing the flames build-up, I was hopeful but what happened next made me rethink my plans. A strong wind picked up, sending some of the flames close to the car up the tree. Knowing that something bad was going to happen, I ran back toward the cave, reaching the entrance to hear a big explosion behind me, sending me flying into the cave.
"Today, it's my day," I thought as I dust away dirt from my clothes, walking back to see that the top of the tree was on fire and the scrubs of the car falling to the ground.

It didn't take before helicopters came flying toward us. "Finally, they found us," I said out loud, waiting for them to find a place to land. I sat inside the entrance of the cave waiting for them.

Hearing footsteps and voices in the distance, I get up, waving my hand shouting for help.

Striker was the first person I saw who came running toward me.
"Moxxie, why are you here? Shouldn't you be at stolas place?" He said confused.

"Well, you see I went out to look for blitzo under the rainstorm but got lost in the process." I laugh nervously.

"And where is blitzo?"

"Oh right, he's inside the cave and running a high fever. We need to get him to the hospital quickly."

He ran past me, entering to get blitzo. When he came out carrying a sick blitzo. He called his men to airlift him and blitzo straight to the hospital on the helicopter.
When he left, I got a ride on another helicopter to bring me to the hospital.

At the hospital, the doctor examines blitzo and he just had a high fever and some cuts and bruises from the crash, so they gave him some drips to bring down his fever and can his wounds. Seeing that blitzo was okay, I want out to get some food to find striker talking to his men about something. Suspiciously I walk toward him.

"Hey Striker. Have you call everyone about finding blitzo and that's he alright also that Estelle didn't make it?"

"And why should I?"

"Because we're his friends and stolas has a right to know that his wife is dead but blitzo isn't."

"Sorry to tell you this, Moxxie but blitzo will be coming with me for now and as for Estelle, she's already gone so there's no one in caring for a dead person. He smiled at me weirdly. "And you wouldn't be telling anyone about this."

"Wait, what do you mean --" I managed to say before, feeling someone hitting me behind my head then I blacked out.

*POV. Striker*

At the campsite, we heard a big explosion coming from below the cliff. I gathered my men on some helicopters toward the flaming tree where the explosion takes place.
When I got down on the ground, I called out to blitzo hoping that he would hear me. A voice called back in response and I ran toward the distance it was coming from to find Moxxie was the one here. I asked him why he was here instead of at stolas place. He answered me and I could that he was humiliated as he lost his way while coming to help. I ignored him and looked for blitzo inside the cave.

When we reach the hospital, I arrange a private room for him and told my men to prevent any information of blitzo being alive from the crash. I deal with Moxxie, knowing that he would be a pain in the neck, and arrange a place I can keep blitzo after his well enough to leave the hospital. This time my plans came through but what I didn't expect was for Estelle to kidnap blitzo and crashing down a cliff. Well, she's dead now and wouldn't ruin my plans again. Now that I have blitzo, I don't need to pretend to care about the them anymore as I have what I came for. I smiled, while my men carry Moxxie away and I went back to blitzo room.