14

For the past ten minutes, Faris and Draco had been listening to Blaise munch on his bag of crisps, which he found abandoned on the stairs on their walk up to their seats. He didn't check the bag to see if any bugs had beaten him to it, or if a rat had padded its way into the crinkled bag. He ignored the possibility of eating bugs and getting diseased by happily gobbling away.

"Zabini, I'm about to slap that bag out of your hands." Draco snapped, his hands crumpled up into fists.

Blaise just shrugged, continuing to chew. Crumbs fell out of his open mouth, wrinkling the bag as he reached in.

Draco had given it at least two minutes before he gave in and let his annoyance take the best of him. He yanked the bag out of his hands, throwing it to the side where crisps scattered across a manky third-year's lap.

Blaise frowned, sticking his greasy fingers in his mouth sucking off the salt with a small pop. Draco rolled his eyes, Faris rested her elbows on the railing. They had managed to get front-row seats, mostly because Draco shoved a few first years out of the way.

The crowd cheered even though the stadium was empty besides the truckloads of crumbled rocks and boulders, and a single golden egg perched on a rock.

"Your attention please," Dumbledore's voice boomed, making Faris jump. Draco chuckled, noticing that Faris jumped. "This is a very important day for all of us, each of the three tasks involves very considerable danger. Please stay in your seats at all times this will minimize any risks you may be exposed to. At the sound of the cannon, the first task will begin and the first champion will come out of the tent. I'm sure we all wish our champions the greatest of luck."

~*~

By the time Cedric Diggory and Viktor Krum finished the task, it was Fleur Delacour's turn. The cannon shot for the third time and she came trudging out of the tent flaps, cautiously drinking in her surroundings. She hesitated before walking forward, examining the destruction around her, rocks were crumbling, there sharp edges scorched.

Her eye landed on the chartreuse-colored Dragon, scales running down its sharp back. The Dragon's eyes met hers, glaring daggers at her as smoke puffed out of its nostrils, its sharp claws dug into the rocks and it began to limp toward her.

She stood rigid peering up at the Dragon before she made a run for it, she jumped over rocks, the crowd cheering excitedly as she ran for the gold egg. The Dragon's claw struck her, knocking her over into a pile of rubble.

The crowd let out a chorus of 'oohs' as she struggled to get back up. She threw a stunning spell at the Dragon but it bounded off the metal cuff latched onto its back leg, she leaped out of the way the blue light clashing into the wall leaving a burn mark behind.

She pointed her wand at the Dragon's head and a purple powder shot out of the tip dusting the Dragon's nose. Its eyelids blinked heavily, smoke puffing out its nostrils as it fell to the ground shaking the stadium, dust and dirt falling in a blanket around the great creature.

Fleur began to make her way over to the golden egg, a satisfactory smile on her face. The Dragon began to snore and red flames shot out of its nostrils, the flames licked her hood igniting it on fire.

The crowd let out a short line of gasps, people shouting at her to take off her jacket or put the flames out. The fire quickly spread, burning her hood completely to ash. The embers spread, burning the entire back of her jacket, Fleur let out an ear-piercing scream.

Faris's eyes widened as she quickly reached for Dracos's arms, gripping the sleeves of his jacket on instinct. Draco tensed up, his own eyes widening.

"Aguamenti!" She shouted, water shooting out of her wand, pouring over her hood and sleeve. A cloud of smoke rose from her jacket, the water hissing against the jacket. She bolted towards the egg, picking it up and holding it high above her head. The students stood clapping their gloved hands together.

Dumbledore stood taking his place at the podium pointing his wand directly at his Adam's apple his voice rose over the stadium startling the crowd.

"Miss Delacour will be moving up to the second task along with our Durmstrang and Hogwarts champions! And now ladies and gentlemen will you please welcome our fourth and final champion!"

A shaky Harry Potter hesitantly walked into the stadium stumbling over some measly pebbles. The crowd fell into silence like they were holding their breath: waiting for something to strike at him. Draco wouldn't be surprised if a fly knocked him over or scared him off.

His gaze landed on the egg and an invisible force began to pull him forward as he mindlessly tripped over rocks.

A spikey long tail lashed out at him knocking him over and pulling him out of his trance. He backed away from the tail, crouching behind a boulder, the Dragon released its fiery breath, the embers curling around the boulder like a tight hug. The flames were getting closer and nearly licking the shell of his ear.

Harry bolted away from the boulder lunging towards a pile of dirt. The dragon flapped its webbed wings knocking Harry over with a big gush of wind. The Dragon let out a long screech slashing its tail against Harry and slamming him into the concrete wall.

"OOH!" The crowd erupted. Draco chuckled, resting his hands on the railing and sitting on the edge of his seat.

"YOUR WAND HARRY! YOUR WAND!" Hermione screeched.

"Accio Firebolt!" He yelled with a swish of his wand.

Minutes later, a broom came sweeping through the air, Harry propped himself upon the broom zooming out of the stadium. The Dragon followed after him, breaking the chain attached to its ankle.

The Dragon swooped under the canopy pinned over the staff, tearing it in half. The staff fell from their seats, the pinned sheet draping over them, piles of wood falling and snapping from the chairs. Dust powdered their hair like fresh snow.

Together the Dragon and Harry left the stadium.

"This is gonna be a while," Blaise sighed, propping his feet up on the railing and leaning back on the bench completely forgetting that there wasn't anything behind him to support his back. He tipped over, rolling onto the person behind him, the furious little girl kicked him off of her.

Faris, Draco, and some of the surrounding students laughed watching Blaise struggle to stand back up.