17

"Is this what you were talking about?"

"Yeah, it is." He smiled looking at the girl in a maroon dress, "so you're a model?"

"Well my mum owns Blanche Bridal, so with that, I get a few modeling jobs. Of course, I only do bridesmaid dresses."

"I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that you're a model! I just can't believe it!"
Draco blurted out, eyeing the other picture of her in a black dress. Faris pulled a sour face. He immediately noticed her face and his own expression fell and he grew very worried.

"It's not because you're not pretty because you are- you're gorgeous- uh it's really not- I mean of course- erm-" he babbled, "Oh no!" He said, cupping his hands over his face.

Faris chuckled, "you're silly."

After a long minute of Draco mumbling to himself, he pulled his hands away from his face. Faris noticed how his cheeks were still bright red, and his mouth pressed into a firm line.

"Hi, tomato," she smiled. His face flushed even redder he turned over on his stomach, burying his face in the grass. "Hey come on, I'll show you the other magazines if you want."
Fairs gripped his upper arm trying to get him to sit up. "Oh fine, we'll look at them like this." Faris laid down on her stomach pulling out a magazine.

By the time they had gone through all thirty-seven magazines, Draco was smiling again. He sorted the magazines out till he was only holding eight copies. "Can I keep these?" He said not meeting her eyes.

"Yeah, of course," she smirked, "what was your favorite dress?"

"The purple one," Draco said without a second thought.

"Which purple one?"

Draco grabbed the magazine with the dress and scanned through the pages till he found a long silky purple one. Faris nodded Draco leaning back and looking through the cracks of the tree branches.

Now the sky was fading into a blue and the sun had fallen between the cracks of the mountains leaving only a small yellow glow outlining the mountains. A glow of the moon reflected on the rippling lake, white splotches dappling in a circle.

"I should probably get going," Faris said, gathering the rest of the magazines.

"So soon? We just got here," Draco whined.

"We've been here nearly three hours." She chuckled, checking her watch now standing up clutching the box.

"Fine. See you tomorrow."

"See you."

Draco watched her walk back to the carriage, laying back down on the grass he opened the magazine viewing a picture of Faris.

"Can the wifey not decide on a dress for the big day, mate?" Blaise said standing over him, giving him a quizzical look as he eyed the cover. Draco rolled his eyes, closing the magazine.

"So why are ya' reading Blanche Bridal?"

"Faris is in them." He stood, leveling up with Blaise and starting to walk back towards the castle.

"Oh, how sweet!" Blaise gushed cupping his hands over his heart. "Seriously mate, cut the bullshit, why are you reading bridal magazines?"

"It's like I said, Faris is in them."

"Yeah right, let me see that!" He yanked the copy out of Dracos grip flopping the magazine open, he skimmed over articles and pictures, his face expressionless. Draco rolled his eyes.

Then his eyes widened the whites of his eyes popping out from his dark skin.

"Oh shit, she is in these magazines!"

Draco yanked it from his firm grip, rolling his eyes again and striding away.

"Keep rolling those eyes pretty boy and you might find a brain back there!" Blaise called after him.

"Piss off Zabini."

~*~

All the students from fourth-year and up had gathered in the potions classroom which was now empty, except the room was divided in half so the girls and boys had their own sides.

"In previous years I would've had you figure this out on your own because dancing is pointless, but Professor Dumbledore requested that I personally teach you this year. So don't- think I'm enjoying this. Now that we have that cleared up, stand up and we will begin." Snape centered himself in the middle of the room, his arms crossed over his chest. "Partner up."

No one made a move to pick their partner, Blaise scratched the back of his head, Draco picking at a loose thread on his sweater.

Snape pattered his foot on the floor, he grunted after several minutes, with a swish of his wand students went gliding across the classroom slamming into each other. Blaise crashed into Draco making him tumble back.

"Whomever you happened to bumped into is now your dance partner for the next five practices . . . any question?"

Draco and Blaises hands shot up.

"Yes, Mr. Malfoy?"

"Shouldn't I be with someone of the opposite gender?"

"Well, it would appear that there are no girls left, so I will leave it up to you to decide who the female is." Snape drawled. "Mr. Zabini?"

"What's dance position?"

Snape blinked slowly and turned his attention back to the rest of the class. "Take dance position."

"You're the female," Draco said without hesitation.

"What? Why me?"

"Because I'm more masculine than you." Blaise rolled his eyes.

"Ahem. We might be able to learn the dance quicker if you paid attention Mr. Malfoy and Mr. Zabini." He flicked his wand and music started playing from the dusty record player sitting on the desk.

Draco laced one hand with Blaises and the other on his waist.

"Ew cooties!" Blaise whispered.