64

There was sobbing from Professor Snape's office and it was no surprise when a girl came running out with tears streaming down her red face.

"Good God," Snape mumbled when he came out of his office with a scroll of parchment, violently scratching off a name. "Lilianne Alcott?" He called. A red-haired Slytherin stood and strutted past him into his office.

"That man does not get paid enough," Draco puffed with a small shake of his head.

"Why don't you tell your father that?" Faris joked, resting her head on his shoulder. "He may be able to change that."

"Ouch," he pouted.

"What job are you going to tell Snape about?"

Draco was quiet for a minute but his fingers lazily moved up and down her arm in a caress. He didn't really care. " . . . Maybe an Auror?" He suggested with a dull face.

Faris almost snorted but held herself back, "Really? That's very time-consuming."

He made a grim look, "Maybe not then. An alchemist? Maybe I'll go out for a big Quidditch team?"

She nodded along, "That seems more suitable for you. I think you would hate being an Auror you'd always be away from home, and you'd never have a break."

Draco smirked, "I think you don't want me to be an Auror."

She gaped at him and lifted her head from his shoulder. "That- that is not true! Your future is completely up to you."

"You don't want me to be away from you so much," he chuckled, tapping the tip of her nose.

"I-"

"It's true. You don't need to waste your breath." She released a frustrated sigh and lightly swiped at his arm. "Now, it's not nice to hit the one you love, I would like an apology," he pouted, putting a finger under her chin, guiding her face to his.

"Va te faire foutre."

He tossed his head back and laughed loudly, some of the surrounding Slytherins glared at him, but he only snorted. Faris couldn't help but smile.

Draco cleared his throat, a small smile still stuck on his face, "Are you sure about going to school tomorrow?"

She furrowed her brows for a moment, that was a sudden change in demeanor. "Uh yeah, I'm sure. Mum wouldn't want me holed up in my dorm over her, probably."

"Alright, if you say so."

"I'll be fine."

Draco opened his mouth to protest, to have her skip another day of school just one more time, but Professor Snape flung his office door open and Lilianne Alcott came flooding out, her hands fisted at her sides.

"Faris Marchande."

"Won't have the energy to go to classes after this degrading meeting," he mumbled, releasing her hand.

She rolled her eyes with a small smile and walked into his office. He slammed the door behind him, making her jump.

He sat down behind his desk and shuffled through a few of his papers. Faris mindlessly looked around his office, the bottled creatures, and dusty books covering his shelves.

"Well, sit down. I have many . . . many other students to speak with," he muttered, looking at her as if she had two heads. Swiftly, she sat down. "This meeting is to talk over any career ideas you might have and to help you decide which subjects you need to take should you continue into sixth and seventh years."