54

"Draco, I love it!" Faris beamed, pecking his cheek. Damond glared at Draco from across the room, his grip tightening around his mug of coffee. "You know me too well."

She folded the emerald green summer dress up, placing it on a pile of clothes she had already received. "I just happened to notice you eyeing it in that weird magazine, bastard or blizzard something . . ."

"Bazaar?"

"No, I think it was blizzard," he mumbled, tapping his bottom lip in thought.

She sniggered, taking Cider from his lap as he opened his present. Toast was on the floor chewing up the wrapping paper, leaving wet scraps all over Damonds lap. Draco gave him another piece of wrapping paper for the dog to chew, pulling out a few records of Frank Sinatra.

"I thought you would enjoy his music," she grinned, grabbing a sugar cookie off of the plate. "It doesn't sound doomed like you thought Nirvana did."

"We'll listen to it later, okay?"

She nodded eagerly and he smiled leaning over snapping his teeth on her snowman frosted sugar cookie. "Hey! Get your own!" She said her voice guttural, he chuckled with a mouth full.

Draco began to shuffle through the presents at his feet, handing over a medium sized box to Damond who gave him a skeptical look as if Draco had just told him his dog ate his homework.

Damond snatched the box out of his hands, tearing at the wrapping paper.

Draco turned to lean against the couch to find Faris's lips attached to his straw that was sitting in his coffee. She peered up at him, her eyes widening with panic as she began to furiously slurp up the rest of his coffee in the mug before he had the chance to pull it away from her.

"Whoops," she mumbled, wiping her mouth on the back of her hand. "If you ask me," she whispered, "it needs more sugar."

He playful rolled his eyes taking a cookie from the platter, she leaned forward trying to nip at his cookie. "Ah! This is mine."

She smiled leaning back against the cushions, Damonds eyes lit up when he opened his present. He pulled out a hefty case of books The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire and it was the complete set, volumes one through six.

"'Ow did you know?" Damond asked, his voice cracking.

Draco shrugged a shoulder, "Faris said you've been wanting them for some time now."

Damonds eyes were glossed over as he admired the books. "Thank you," he choked. Draco gave him an awkward smile.

"Aw, dads got a soft spot for you now," Faris cooed.

"Alright how do we feel about having dinner in the dining room?" Clarity asked.

Faris paused trying to fathom what she was asking, "where else would we have it?"

"The living room, bathroom, laundry room, or my office . . . well that one wouldn't be good because if you spilled on my fabrics or something I would kick you out onto the street."

"Eating in the dining room sounds devious," Draco teased, sarcasm laced in his voice.

Clarity chuckled ruffling his hair as if he were a two year old boy sitting on his mothers lap. "I say we have it in here on the pillows, don't they do that in china?"

Damond gave an innocent shrug, still staring in awe at his new present. "What's for dinner, anyways?" Faris asked.

Clarity shrugged. "Something . . . I miss the beach . . . We should have kabobs! and - and rice balls!" She exclaimed, clapping hands together.