40

After more than a week Faris still hadn't found her necklace, nor had Blaise. She'd decided a while ago that she wasn't going to tell Draco about the necklace since he already had homework piling up and she didn't want him to get mad at her.

Blaise strongly disagreed with her and told her that he wouldn't get mad at her over such a little thing. But she ignored this and kept it to herself.

Pansy was still very mad at her and refused to talk to her, which Draco did notice. She wouldn't even stay in the same room as her for more than three minutes.

She started to realize that her necklace was gone and she wasn't going to find it anytime soon, but she wouldn't let herself give in that easily. She stayed up past hours looking for the necklace for several days in a row, then she began to wonder if she even brought it with her when she was packing, but that couldn't be possible she was always wearing it.

She started losing sleep from this then she would get behind on school work but she didn't care. For all, she knew another student could have found it and started to wear it.

She had come into the Great Hall for dinner that evening after spending the after-school hours searching for her necklace. She sat next to Draco on the bench giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

Blaise noticed her sitting down and gave her a curious look, Faris replied to this by gloomily shaking her head.

"Have you heard the news?" Draco asked her.

Faris shook her head, urging him to continue as she reached for a bowl of roasted vegetables.

"Well, I guess it's just easier if you read it," Draco tossed the Daily Prophet to her flipping to the front page.

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry First Ever "High Inquisitor"
Last night Dolores Jane Umbridge was appointed Hogwarts first-ever High Inquisitor, giving her and the Ministry of Magic the job to inspect and sack her fellow educators, and allowing the Ministry to have the inside scoop at Hogwarts. Parents of the students at Hogwarts have spoken up about Dumbledore's post as Headmaster worrying over the safety of their children.
"Now that I know the Ministry has an eye on the school's staff, I don't have to worry over my son's education and behavior." Said, Tiberius Nott, from his Ministry office. "Ever since that Potter boy publicized that You-Know-Who is back I debated on sending my son back to Hogwarts knowing his behavior could be influenced by the students that believe Potter."-

"That's a shame," Faris said, hardly focusing on the Daily Prophet.

"I think it's bloody brilliant, someone can finally sack that oaf that they call a teacher," Draco sniggered, Flint smirked running a hand through his mullet.

"He's not that bad, he may be a half-giant but that doesn't really define who he is," Faris grumbled, with a vacant expression.

"He doesn't even know what he's doing when he's teaching," Flint said in a guttural voice.

Faris completely blocked out what Draco had said next, her mind was in a haze as she dropped her fork, eyes widening she perked up. "Oh my god," she mumbled, jumping up from the bench she ran out of the Great Hall without a second thought.

Rushing out of the corridors, hurtling down two flights of stairs, and then tumbling outside to the Black Lake. Breathing heavily she took off her robe and shoes before she was interrupted by Blaise who had his hands on his knees choking on the air.

"Alright . . . Why did you run out of the Great Hall?" Blaise asked, catching his breath.

"The necklace is definitely in the lake."

Blaise shrugged off his robes and shoes, "if you say so." Taking off his white button-up he jumped into the water trying to swim as close to the bottom as possible

Faris took off her Slytherin tie before jumping in behind him, quickly recovering from the icy water she started swimming to the bottom as well.

~*~

Eventually, they both climbed out of the water empty-handed, besides the bottlecaps that Blaise had found for his collection. Squeezing the water out from her skirt she let out a long breath of air, "I don't know where to look anymore."

"Have we checked the Library?" Blaise asked buttoning up his shirt.

"I checked it once."

"You know if I found a way to get my hands on a scuba tank I bet I could find it down there pretty easily."

Faris chuckled, "Good luck finding that around here."

"I'll see what strings I can pull," Blaise shrugged.

"Oh, we didn't even try summoning it from the lake," Faris said, pulling out her wand from the pocket of her robe. "Accio necklace."

"Do you think we should be saying 'Accio butterfly necklace'?"

"I don't know if it will make a difference but you can try it."

"Accio butterfly necklace."

They both waited impatiently before giving up and heading back into the common room, for the night they both dripped with water walking down the corridors.

"Did you guys decide to take a swim for the evening?" Flint asked.

"I shoved Blaise into the water and then I fell in after him," Faris said in an indolent tone, Flint chuckled as he noticed the trail of water behind them.