33

Students had gathered in the great hall in honor of Cedric Diggory, chairs sitting in rows. Dumbledore sat at the front of the room looking down upon the room.

Bouilloire slid into a chair next to Faris

"Instead of competing over house points this year, the Triwizard Tournament took place. Last night we lost the life of Cedric Diggory. Mr. Diggory was a hard-working student and an excellent quidditch player as you all know. Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort." Gripping the armrest of his chair with dirty nails, he continued. "The ministry asks me not to speak of this for they think it's all a lie. And I'm here to tell you that it's all true. I fear Lord Voldemort is back."

"For years we've all only feared the name of the dark wizard, now we fear more than just the name knowing he's out there in our world alive. Tearing apart the lives of innocent people as he did to Mr. Diggory."

"Though we are separated into different houses, torn apart by blood, speak in different tongues. Moments like these bring us together as o I believe it is healthy and it reminds us how fragile life is. I start to wonder how Mr. Diggory was treated just because of his house or blood status. Friendships should not be based on one's blood."

Dumbledore rose to the podium, "We shall remember Mr. Diggory as a friend and who he was as a person. We should start to notice the size of each other's hearts and the strength of their character."

There was a long silence.

"Here at Hogwarts, I think it is healthy to have a friendly competition between houses to build team strength. Sometimes it gets to the point where we are physically hurting people. Even just words can hurt more than physical pain, some might say."

"We are now approaching dark times with Lord Voldemort back, and I do hope as some of you come back to Hogwarts next year then we will unite as one, reconnect friendships." Dumbledore paused, "Mr. Diggory was a friend to everyone and I'm using him as an example as an honor and as a memory."