57

Champagne was brimming the stacked flutes in the ballroom. Clarity was running around the house fixing flowers, giving instructions to staff members, and arranging the food platters into patterns on the tables.

The whole chateau was bustling with excitement as they anticipated the arrival of their guests. Faris was waiting by the door to greet people, fixing her hair in the mirror, tracing her finger over the roads and rivers of the maps hung on the walls.

Draco snuck up behind her snaking his arms around her stomach with a low growl, she squealed, gripping his arms.

Then that laugh that she loved to hear spilled out of his mouth and her cheeks were heating at his happiness.

"You look beautiful," he whispered, smothering his lips to her cheek. She blushed, grinning like an idiot.

"Thank you," she murmured, leaning into his chest, her eyes locking onto his. She chortled in a silvery voice. "Tu as de si jolis yeux. Je pourrais les regarder pour toujours."

"Now I expect you to tell me what that means." He smiled, tapping the tip of her nose, She gave an innocent shrug. "Did you get into the champagne when nobody was watching?"

"I don't have to be drunk to tell a boy I love him or that I think his eyes are pretty." She chuckled, kissing him on the lips, "You make me feel like I'm on cloud nine."

"I've been described to be a pain in the ass at school," he laughed.

"Well, those people don't know what they are missing out on."

Then a knock sounded on the door, she giggled quickly opening the door. Her eyes widened and she squealed another voice squealed with hers making Draco jump.

Then a curly-haired blonde walked through the double doors.

The dick with high cheekbones.

Bouilloire engulfed Faris in a bone-crushing hug, as they both jumped around, laughing and talking. Then Bouilloire saw Draco and he smiled engulfing him in a hug as well.

"Draco! 'Ow is Blaise?" He asked with searching eyes and a gleaming smile.

Draco hesitated. Did you really think he would not ask-

"He's doing well, I believe."

"That's lovely to 'ear!" He gushed, linking arms with the two of them and guiding them off toward the ballroom. "I 'ave so much to tell you two! I've been working on my English and oh my 'ell I feel like I'm just making random sounds!" He laughed.

~*~

"There you are!" Faris breathed a sigh of relief coming up behind him, "I've been looking for you everywhere." He gave her a small smile returning back to his letter. "What are you doing cooped up in here?" She asked, putting a hand on his shoulder to see what he was doing.

"Well, you seemed busy talking to all those business people, and I can't understand French so I thought I'd write to my mum."

"You've been doing that a lot this year, I've noticed," she smirked.

He gave a sad smile, "I miss her. And I did promise her I would write often."

She massaged his shoulder, watching his hand glide over the sheet of parchment as he wrote. Her brows furrowed for a moment, "You didn't write very often in fourth year," she pointed out.

He took a deep breath with a small chuckle tumbling out of his mouth, "That's because I met you. When I thought you were returning to Beauxbatons for fifth year I had a really rough time going back to school."