29

"What spell is used to open doors?" Faris asked.

"Aberto," Draco answered, twirling his wand between his fingers.

"Right, and what charm is used to repel enemies?"

"Repello Inimcum."

". . . and what spell is used to unlock doors?"

"Alohomora."

"What spell is used to conjure ropes that bind the target?"

"Incarcerous,

"What spell is used to conjure ropes that bind the target?"

"Incarcerous," Draco said. "I have to finish my charm's homework really quick, okay?" He asked.

She nodded, giving him a small smile. He picked up his quill writing down the answers.
He felt her head fall onto his shoulder, he allowed a small smile to himself

What is the difference between Aguamenti and Aqua Eructo?

Aguamenti produces clean, drinkable water. Aqua Eructo conjures water.

What charm allows the caster to keep one charm active while casting other spells?

Fianto Duri.

Then he came upon a question he didn't know anything about. "Hey, Faris, what exactly-" he glanced down at her to notice she was fast asleep. He set down his quill wrapping his arm around her waist, his hand gripping her upper arm.

He gently pulled her onto his lap making sure to not hit her head on the coffee table. He pulled a blanket over her stroking the hair off her face.

He kept his arm slung around her waist continuing his homework.

What Hellebore plant substance is used in the Draught of living death?

Syrup of Hellebore, of course.

Faris shifted in her slumber turning over, her face buried in his stomach and her hand gripping his dress jacket. Her legs curled up under the blanket, snuggling closer to Draco.

~*~

After Draco had finished his homework and the last of his studying, Faris was still asleep on his lap.

"Faris," he whispered. She stirred in her sleep pulling the blanket up to her chin. He scooped her up in his arms, looking over his shoulder he checked the time on the old grandfather clock.

12:36 Already? There is no way you'd be able to get her back to the Beauxbaton carriage without being caught by Filch.

He carefully set her down on the couch, hesitating on what to do. He didn't want to wake her up. But he didn't have very many options.

He crouched down in front of her, "Faris," he whisper-yelled. Reaching for her hand her eyes fluttered open releasing a quiet yawn and she met Draco's soft gaze.

She took a minute to take in her surroundings before she shot up. "Oh, my hell I was supposed to help you study, and then I fell asleep! Can I not do anything right now? Oh my god, I'm so sorry I made a promise to you-"

"Hey, hey it's okay. And you did help me study," he chuckled, sitting next to her on the couch.

She blew a breath of air past her lips, running a hand through her hair. "Sorry," she mumbled, pressing her palm to her forehead.

"You don't need to apologize." She stayed quiet, holding her gaze on the spread-out parchment on the coffee table.

"This year has gone by so fast," she murmured.