1. Silly mission

This better be important. My father, Odin, has called upon me when I was in the middle of being entertained by the finest women in Asgard. You can't find them any more exotic in the whole galaxy.

I'm halfway to the throne room and bump into my brother, Thor, as he carefreely tosses his hammer in the air and catches it. "Brother, how are you on this fine day? You look well," he starts.

"I was good, thank you for asking," I continue with a faster pace to get to my destination quicker.

"Did father ask of you too?"

"Yes," I raise an eyebrow. "What do you think he needs us for?" Now I'm intrigued. What must the all father have in store for both his sons.

"I don't know, I hope it's not any more diplomatic missions. I've grown quite sick of them." I smile and look up to see the guards surrounding father on the throne. Are they all really necessary I ask myself all the time when coming into this room?

"My sons. I hope I have not taken you from other important matters today." We both shake our heads and he continues. "Someone of Asgard has run away from their crimes and is currently on Midgard blending in with the crowd. I ask that you two bring them back alive to answer to their crimes accordingly."

Someone of Asgard? Well how did they get away? "May I ask why we specifically are fetching them for you?" One of the questions in my head slips out.

"I trust you two the most to get the job done," he says.

"What did they do," Thor says concerned.

Odin sighs before answering. "She stole the tesseract and killed two of our warriors. She used it to escape into thin air." A girl?

"We will not let you down father," Thor says and walks out with his shoulders held high. I look to Thor and then father with my eyebrows furrowed. I then run after Thor who is already out of the throne room.

"What do you mean you won't let father down? How do you even know you'll find her?" I'm not so sure this mission will go easily as planned as the one in Thor's head.

"Don't worry brother, I have a wizard friend on Midgard who can do spells. I'm sure a locater spell won't be too hard," he says nonchalantly. I'm still not so convinced.

"She stole the tesseract," I remind him. "She killed two of the Einherjar. What makes you so sure you'll succeed?"

"What's the matter with you," he stops to look at me. "Why are you acting like I can't handle one girl. I'm the strongest avenger, for crying out loud. I can do anything."

"I-, I'm not so sure the people of Midgard would be so welcoming to my arrival is all."

"That was 5 years ago," he pats my shoulder. "If they haven't forgotten I'll tell them how you've done your part already."

"What if they make me apologize?" Just thinking about it makes me sick. Thor rolls his eyes and heads to the Bifrost where it'll take us directly to Earth.

"Heimdall," Thor reaches in to hug the watchman of the gods. "You don't think you can tell us where our target is?" he jokes.

"All I know is that she is on Midgard. That is what I told Odin. You'll have to figure out the rest yourselves. I'm sure you can handle it." Thor smiles and Heimdall begins to put his sword in to open up the portal. "Safe travels and good luck," he says before the bridge engulfs us.

~~~~

I land on my knees and flip my hair to get it out of my face. I get up on my feet and shake myself slightly to change from my Asgaurdian suit to what the people on this planet would wear but more stylish. "So where is your staging wizard friend?"

"He lives in New York so that's where we should go." I can't help but smile at the familiar place. It's where I tried to take control and make this pathetic planet my own. Do I still wish to rule it? Yes, but for another time.

~~~~

We arrive to what appears to be a Sanctum. Thor knocks on the door and says hello for it to open by itself. Not creepy at all. We look at each other and shrug our shoulders before we take a step forward. Around my feet I notice circles being traced out on the ground.

"Brother, stop your nonsense," Thor says not in the mood for my games.

"I promise you this isn't me." He squints his eyes and I fall through the floor in what seems to be a portal. I have no idea where it leads to and what to do in this sort of situation. I stare below me and wonder when I'll be landing. 

   It seems to go on for 10 minutes now. I start to panic and try to use my magic to get me out of this sort of illusion. Nothing works. I'm still falling.

    Another 20 minutes goes by and I finally see the floor that I was once standing on. I fall flat on to my chest and flip my hair once again. "I've been falling for 30 minutes!" I yell. 

   I get up and look around to see my brother standing next to a man in a cape. "So you must be the wizard," I say as tempting daggers appear in my hands. "Don't think for one second, you second rate-" and before I could cut him he makes me go through yet another portal somewhere else. I look around to try and become familiar with my surrounding and see Thor behind me. "Where are we?"

"We're in Atlanta. It's where Strange said the girl would be." I walk around the city and see that it's familiar to New York but smaller.

"So how will we know who our target is? It's not like father gave us a picture or anything to help us on this silly mission."

"Why are you always being pessimistic? Look on the bright side of things for a change."

"So are we going to pretend that I wasn't just falling through an endless loop of nothing," I spit out.

"He did that only to be cautious. He didn't know what to expect of you since you did try to rule Earth the last time you came here."

"Yea yea whatever," I shrug off. I pat my clothes down and I bump into a girl by accident on the streets. "Sorry about that," I say. She gives me the dirtiest look and curses at me in our native tongue. She continues on her way and I furrow my eyebrows at what just happened. My eyes widen and I look to Thor to see if he just saw that. He's taking a photo with some girls so I'm going for that he didn't. "I think we just found our girl."

A/N: First chapter, woot woot. How was it? If this sold it for you, I hope you enjoy the rest of the story. I appreciate all the votes and comments. I enjoy reading each one so I highly encourage leaving comments because they honestly make my day <3