27. Inevitable

(After Loki cuts Thanos' head off; you can reference back to the chapter "Little one")

   "Alice," Loki runs to Alice who is badly injured on the floor. "You should have never been a part of this."

   "Loki, it is all good. Trust me, I am okay," she groans from the pain. 

   "I got you," he says as he puts her arm around his neck and his arm around her waist. They all walk to where Loki had landed his ship. "So much for all his plans," he scoffs when he looks back at his decapitated state.  

   Their little spaceship departs from Thanos' big one leaving a sneaky Supergiant from the Black Order behind. She approaches the body and swallows hard. She thought to herself that this couldn't possible be the end. Suddenly she recalled a rumor that was going around. A biological son of Thanos with a human for a mother. She's heard of his talents and how he was a powerful healer. First she should look around the ship for any remains of the Black Order. 

   "Ebony Maw. Corvus Glaive," she calls out with her mind. She senses them trying to speak back and quickly find them recovering their consciousness in the huge ship. 

   "Has Thanos took care of those weaklings," Ebony speaks. 

   She sighs. "No, the girl, his daughter killed him."

   "I told him he should have not attempted to rekindle what he felt for her pathetic mother," he grunts. "So what do we do now?"

   "I have an idea," she smiles mischievously.

~~~

    Ebony Maw. Corvus Glaive, Supergiant, and Thanos' body all approach a hidden city in Greenland called, Orollan. It is where the healer was raised.    

   "How was a mortal able to conceive a child of Thanos?" Ebony asks Supergiant. 

   "She wasn't just any mortal. She was Inhuman, meaning she posses superhuman abilities."

   "And how did you hear of such a rumor?"

   "Nothing stays in the dark for too long," she smirks as she lands her rather small pod. Everyone in the city scatter around as she opens up the drop-ship. 

   "Who are you?" a person amongst the crowd speaks. 

   "I seek no conflict," her head is held high. "Just someone who goes by the name Thane."

    A man white full hair makes his way through them and brings his head up. "And why may that be?"

   "Are you him?" she raises an eyebrow.

   "Yes," he gulps. 

   "Perfect," she slyly smiles and quickly drags him by his arm to the ship. Everyone gasps and is in shock to help him. She closes the door and takes off away from the city. 

   "My people, they'll find you," he grunts. 

   "If you do as I say then they can find you alive."

   His eyes widen. "Why do you need me?" his voice gets quite. 

   "Oh Thane," she laughs. "I'm about to tell you things that are going to be very shocking. Life changing might I add." he raises a brow. "Thane, meet your father." She moves out of the way revealing a corpse. He quickly looks away, horrified at the site. She smiles. 

   "He's dead?"

   "Yes. But you can help him. You're a healer, are you not?"

   "Yes I can heal people, not revive," he shoots up. "You people are out of your minds if you think I'm helping bring back that creature." His voice gets loud and he has reason. Thane's form is human, and he's never seen an alien up close. Let alone The Black Order. 

   "But he's your father," she's amused at his anger. 

   "I don't care. I've never met this man in my life. Even if I wanted to help, I can't. I've never brought someone back from the dead. There's always a price."

   "Like what?"

   "A life for a life."

   Once they are out of Earth, Supergiant lands the ship in a nearby planet. She turns to face Thane and starts walking towards him. She picks him up by his neck and looks him in his eyes. "You will do whatever it takes to bring him back. I don't care how many people have to die," her fingers wave by the side of his head as she's mind controlling him, one of her abilities. "You are mine now. Got it?" she releases him. 

   He stands still and looks her in her eyes. "I am Thane, and I am at your service."

~~~

   After many attempts at the spell, Thane had finally perfected it. It required a great deal of energy and power, even more than he could take. Without any free will, he went on to attempt the final spell. He harnessed everything that he was born with and had been taught into Thanos. With a great blast, he passed out and fell to the ground. 

   Supergiant looks at Thane then back at Thanos. Thanos slightly twitches his hand causing her to stand to her feet. He squints his eyes as he opens them. 

   "I'm alive?" he says confused as he looks at his hands. 

   "My sire," she quickly drops to one knee. 

   He turns to see his son passed out by him. He places two fingers on his neck to feel for a pulse. Nothing. "I suspect you did all of this."

   "We have a mission," she reminds him. 

   "Yes," he stands on his feet and looks around at the unfamiliar planet. "Where are we?" 

   "Planet Mars, sir."

   "How long has it been?" he furrows his brows. 

   "Not long. To answer the question in your head, yes, all of the stones are on Midgard and ready for the taking. I ordered Corvus Glaive to keep an eye on them for you."

   He inhales for a prolonged period, than exhales. "Then there is still time to do what is right. We must gather everything we have. I want the Chitauri, all of them. If they don't submit, than control them. I want the biggest ship we can find. We shall invade Earth with everything we have," he smiles to himself. 

   "It's good to have you back."

   "It's good to be back."