21. Fool for you

Ryanne POV

I wake up today feeling very weary. I couldn't sleep at all last night. I mean, who could sleep after finding out they're a host for the phoenix or whatever it's called.

I decide not to stay in bed and grab something to eat. Maybe it'll cheer me up. As soon as I step into the kitchen, everyone looks as me. I guess the cat is out of the bag.

"How did you sleep Ryanne?" Wanda asks with a mug in her hand.

"I slept fine," I try to smile.

I look around and Loki is no where to be found. I give up my search and settle on the couch.

"Hey there Red Hot," Tony smirks. I furrow my brows at the name. "It's your nickname since you know, you're a phoenix," he laughs in disbelief.

I bring my lips in and nod. I don't understand the joke because I unfortunately do not know what a Red Hot is and I don't care enough to ask.

"Have you guys seen Loki?" I look around for anyone to respond.

"What do you need with Loki," Thor says. I hesitate to answer. Loki told me Thor might have a liking towards me. However, I don't think that's too true.

"Nothing, it can wait." I get comfortable on the couch and start biting my nails.

"We found your lab readings from Washington DC," Tony turns to me. With a swift move of his hand a hologram with data numbers appears for me to see. "So it's confirmed. There is something supernatural about you. Just look at the numbers. This one is yours," he pauses to move his hand and pull up the right one. "And this one is Thor's." The two reading are side by side. "We're comparing the two because you share something in common. You're both Asgaurdian, and as you can see, the numbers on your chart are exceeding his by a great deal."

"When we first found them, Wanda hadn't told us of you yet and I was very confused. I thought it was a mistake," Thor laughs. So what does this mean? That I'm more powerful than a god? I'm now picking the skin off my lips. "So what do you think about all of this?"

My eyes are just wide. I'm speechless. What is there to say? "I have to go." I start to tear up and try to return to my room as quickly as possible. As I'm wiping the tears I bump into Loki.

"Ryanne, whats wrong?" he puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Nothing," I smile and bite my lip. "This is all just very overwhelming."

He grins widely. "I think I know what can cheer you up."

I lick my lips and squint my eyes. He takes my hand and drags me across the hallway. He brings me to an open room that's barely furnished. "What is this Loki?"

"I know you probably have so much on your mind right now. You're like, 'how did I not know about this?' and 'what's gonna happen to me?' Well, I'm here to help. Today we're going to unlock your psychic abilities."

I raise an eyebrow at him. "This is absurd." I look at the cup laying on the table and then back at Loki. "Why is the room empty?"

"I had it cleared up in case something spectacular happens with you." I roll my eyes. "We have to give it a shot. Just concentrate, okay. Look at the cup and move it."

I sigh and turn my body so it's facing the object. I look intensely at It and nothing. "I look stupid," I point out.

"My mother taught me magic. It can't be so hard. You said, in your dream, that you saw the phoenix when we were on Titan. So think about your mother. Think the same thoughts."

I listen to him and try again. This time I try to recall that memory. The cup won't budge.

Loki looks like he's running out of ideas. "How about this. Think about Thanos and how badly you want to hurt him for hurting your mother."

My eyes shoot out at him mentioning that name. It makes me want to hurt him and he sees that. I look at the cup intently with my blood boiling. "Ughh," I storm off and begin pacing the room. "This is pointless."

Loki swallows hard and tosses me reassuring words. "It'll come to you eventually."

"Do you know what I really want to know?" I bite my lip. "Why did it choose me?" I drop to my knees. "There's nothing special about me," I barely let out.

Loki freezes at seeing my outburst but soon enough joins me on the ground. "You are Ryanne," he pauses and chuckles. "You are the most stubborn and fiercest person I've ever met. You've never relied on anyone but yourself. You're clever, and you smell nice for the most part." I look up from my lap and at his face holding in my smile. "You are also a strong and beautiful woman. Anyone would be lucky to know you," he gulps. I get taken back and move my gaze from his eyes to his lips, back to his eyes.

"Thank you. I never really appreciate the things you do for me. The talks you try to give to make me feel better." I wonder why he tries so hard though. "I'm sorry about yesterday."

"Don't apologize."

"No, it was inappropriate and not at all okay. And for that I apologize."

He looks away and sighs. He stands up and extends his hand. "Friends?"

"Friends," I nod and take his hand so he can help me up. I get pulled to his chest with how much force he used. My heart starts beating faster. I move back and scratch my head. "Maybe another day," I look at the cup. I almost walk out but stop when I hear the cup fall. I quickly turn around to see Loki's hand by it as if he had flicked it.

"Someone had to knock it over," he says.

I shake my head as he catches up with a smirk on his face. He had me thinking that I somehow did that. He forgot to mention one thing about me. I am the biggest fool in all the galaxies.