31. Home

I search the whole field for her and stop in my tracks when I see her searching the place as well. She stops as soon as she sees me standing there with relief on my face. We both just nod our heads from the distance, being modest to those who weren't so lucky.

Iron man is seen holding the Spider kid, and Vision is left unattended for. Thor looks around just as I am at the devastation that was brought.

It's silent. I could hear the heavy breaths coming from a few but that was it. We lost.

~~~

After the moment of silence for the fallen has passed, and multiple attempts to track Thanos down, Natasha speaks up. "Everywhere around the world, the government is falling to pieces," she pauses. "It looks like he did exactly what he said he was going to do. Thanos wiped out 50% of all living creatures."

"We looked at deep space scans and satellites to try and track him down, but we got nothing," Steve crosses his arms. "Tony you fought him."

"Who told you that?" he looks confused. "I didn't fight him. No. He wiped my face with a planet. That's what happened because there was no fight. Because he's unbeatable," he lets out.

"Did he give you any clues? Any coordinates? Anything?"

Tony makes a farting noise with his mouth to mock him. "You know I saw this coming a few years back. I had a vision, I didn't want to believe it."

"Tony, Imma need you to focus."

"No I needed you," he comes up close and starts pointing his finger at him. "We," he emphasizes. "Needed a suit of armor around the world, weather it impacted our precious freedoms or otherwise. That's what we needed."

"But that didn't work out did it."

"I said we would lose. You said we'll do that together too. And guess what Cap? We lost, and you weren't there."

"Okay I think you've made your point," his friend tries to sit him down but he fights back.

"I've got nothing for you Cap," he raises his voice. "No coordinates, no clues, no strategies, no options. Zero. Zip. Nada," he pauses. "No trust, liar." He tears his suit from his chest and shoves it in his hands. "Here take this. You find him, you put that on, and you hide." He turns to everyone in the room then storms off.

Dean walks out with him. I turn to Thor and see him upset in his overthinking state. I swallow hard before approaching him. "What's the matter," I sit down besides him.

"I failed."

"Brother, you couldn't possibly blame yourself."

He shakes his head and looks out the window. "We've done enough on this planet. It's time to go home. Our people need us now more than ever."

I lick and bite my lips at the thought. I take a gulp and nod my head. I turn around to look out the window myself and see Ryanne. She's walking by herself through all the ruble of the battle.

I make my way outside and out to the empty field with her. She sees me coming but waits for me to be in talking distance. "What now?" she says.

"I'm going home Ryanne," I let out.

"Makes sense for you to go," she nods. "They're probably freaking out just like everyone here."

"Will you be joining us?"

"Me? No," she laughs.

"Why not?" I furrow my brows.

"There's nothing for me there," she shrugs her shoulders. "No house, no friends, no mother."

I see. "So where will you go?"

"I don't know," she brings her lips in.

"Are you ready," Thor says from behind me.

"Yea," I shake my head.

We stand side by side, and I wait for Thor to call upon Heimdall to open up the Bifrost. Ryanne smiles one last time before turning her body and walking away. Thor raises his hammer half way and then a sudden rush of energy passes through me. I don't know what comes over me. "Wait!" I order him and he stops midway. My sudden outburst causes Ryanne to turn back confused. I look at her then my brother speechless before I rush over to her.

   "Did you forget something," she furrows her brows.

   "Come to Asgard, Ryanne."

   "What?"

   "I don't care what you say. Asgard is your home. It's where you grew up."

   "Loki I have no one there. No family, no real friends. What would I be going for?"

   She really wants me to say it. "You'll have me," I lick my lips and gaze into her eyes. She swallows hard, and I notice her breathing from her chest start to get heavy.

   "What's that mean Laufeyson?"

   I grab both her shoulders with my hand and look her in her dark eyes. "No more excuses," I look her down determined. "Asgard might have not treated you well in the past but I'll make her your home. You have nothing to be afraid of."

   She thinks well on my offer before shaking her head and letting out a small chuckle. "Is no even an option," she looks up with a genuine smile.

   "I'm afraid not," I smirk.

   "Well then you've convinced me."

   "Really? That easy?"

   "Yea well I have nothing for me here either, and I'd like to take a look into that place of yours."

   "Is that the only reason you wish to come?"

   "I guess we'll find out now, won't we?" her eyes sparkle under the sunset.

   A huge grin take over my face and I raise my hand for her to walk to Thor. She raises her brows then starts walking, I behind her.

   "I was expecting a little more from you brother," Thor says to me in a low voice. I simply roll my eyes and wait for him to send us home. "Heimdall," Thor calls out. "Send us back."

   I take Ryanne's hand in mine. and soon enough, the bridge swallows us and sends us straight to Asgard.

I see Heimdall's familiar face but he is not his normal cheery self. Something is clouding his mind. I enter it to know what has happened.

"What is it?" Thor asks him.

"Father," I let out. Heimdall looks at me and nods his head.

"He's vanished," Heimdall finishes my sentence. "The people are panicking. They lost their princes and now their king."

"But we are back," he says. "That means-"

"That means you are to be the king of Asgard."

Thors eyes get wide. He turns to me and I swallow hard.

We make our way to where everyone has crowded themselves in the center of Asgard in front of the palace.

"Everyone look," a man yells in the crowd. "The princes have returned. We are saved." Everyone turns to face us three and take a knee. They then get up to start clapping and chanting.

Princes. I laugh to myself. Who would have thought they would be this happy to see me. A frown takes over Thor's face. I pat his back, and he looks in my eyes. I give him a look saying that I'm here for him. And that I'm also happy for him to be king.

I breathe in the fresh scent of Asgard and exhale. It sure is good to be back.