3. Titan

I open my eyes slowly from my sleep, and to my luck see Thor towering over me with his arms crossed. 

   "Where were you," he says with his voice deep. I sigh before bringing myself up to a sitting position. 

   "I have no idea what you're talking about," I smile. 

   "You found the girl?"

   "No I didn't find the girl..." Thor looks at me not falling for my statement. "Okay I found the girl," I let out. 

   "And you didn't tell me," he raises his voice. 

   "There was nothing to tell. I handled it. We talked it out and came to an agreement," I raise an eyebrow and see Thor waiting for me to finish. I comb my hair with my fingers and continue. "She took the tesseract to give to Thanos to get her mother back, but we're going to help her without potentially destroying the universe." His eyes widen in shock. He's not happy. 

   "Father asked for her alive."

   "And that's what we're going to do," I look around and lower my voice to make sure the snake isn't overhearing. "After we 'help her' we're going to take her back to Asgard."

   "I don't understand, why can't we just take her now?"

   "She has hidden the tesseract and she won't tell us where it is until her mother is safe and with her. Father would want his prize possession way more than her execution." He nods his head finally understanding the plan. 

   "Okay, so where is she now?" I just now begin to realize that we're actually doing this. We're actually going to help a stranger with getting her mother back which is not going to be easy. I wish I was back on Asgard, in the palace with my ladies. 

   "I'll take you to her," I sigh and get up. 

~~~~

   We arrive at the place that was once surrounded by the green wisps. I knock on the door and she answers this time. We both walk through very cautiously looking around for any traps. As soon as we're in her humble abode she immediately shuts the door behind us. 

   "So what's the plan," she looks to me. Me? Why is she looking at me?

   "I don't have a plan. I thought you had the plan. I said I would just help."

   "I did have a plan. Give Thanos the tesseract, get my mother back. Now that's not an option anymore..." We all look to each other not saying a word. "Well?" she breaks the silence. 

   "Do we know where Thanos is?" Thor starts the conversation down the right path. 

   "That is a good question. Do we know where Thanos is?" I look to our new friend. 

   "We could start with the planet Titan, it's where he's from," she suggests. 

    "Okay, how about this?" I scratch my head. "How did he come in possession with your mother. I'm assuming it wasn't on Asgard because no one has spoken of it." She looks at me and then Thor before taking in a deep breath to begin putting together her story. 

   "Me and my mother were always alone. I never had a father figure growing up so it was just me and her. We picked up scraps from everyone, anything we could get our hands on really." 

   Me and Thor give each other sympathetic side eyes before listening back to Ryanne. I never thought of doing charity work or anything of that sort. I only thought of myself and what I wanted. 

   "So before she left, she left me a note saying 'if I don't make it back seek the one who goes by the name Thanos.' I waited two weeks and she never came back. I go off looking in the galaxies only to find the children of Thanos. They told me they were familiar with my mother and to get her back I had to give them the stone that was on Asgard, and now here we are," she smirks and crosses her arms. 

   "So you've never seen him?" I ask to become certain. She shakes her head and I shake mine in disbelief. How did it go from finding a girl to facing Thanos? I still don't know. 

   "So planet Titan it is," Thor says cheerly. "Let's get back to the location of where the Bifrost made us land and Heimdal could take us to the way." She looks at Thor with her eyebrows raised and laughs. 

   "You can't be serious. Yes, let's just go back to Asgard where they'll be ready to take me in for my execution."

   "No no no no," Thor tries to quite the child. "Unless you want to bring the tesseract with you, we're gonna have to use the Bifrost. And Heimdal watches us as we speak so I trust that there will be no guards when we arrive to the bridge. If you don't trust him then you can trust me," he smiles as reassurance. 

   "I don't trust you," she assures him. 

   "Well you're gonna have to." She rolls her eyes and says fine. 

~~~~

   We arrive to the location, New Mexico, and wait for Heimdal to bring us home. He does as he's told by Thor and before I knew it I was standing on Asgard ground. Our lady friend gives Heimdal a dirty look along with a fake smile.

   "You have no need to worry from me," he pleads.

   "Yea yea whatever, just take us to Titan," she says. He rolls his eyes and turns his sword once more.

   We land on the new planet and look around in astonishment. It is completely uninhabited. Everything looks destroyed and there is not a single soul. 

   "What, this can't be," Ryanne starts to get emotional. "She was supposed to be here."

   "What happened," I try to keep my voice down for only Thor to hear.

   "It looks like overpopulation got the best of them." Ryanne falls to the ground on her knees and starts to cry. I bring my lips in as I stand there watching her scream from the top of her lungs. A small blast was made from her scream but I decide to ignore it thinking it's just the wind. I walk closer and awkwardly pat her on the back.

   "Don't bloody touch me," she says as she gets up and leaves us. Where is she going?

   "Ryanne, it's not safe. We have to stick together," I yell for her to pick up what I said. She turns around and waves her arms. 

   "Look around you genius. No ones here," she yells back and then continues walking farther away. I turn around to see Thor licking his lips not knowing what to do next. I don't know if I'm pissed or glad. Pissed that I'll never get the tesseract and glad that I get to live another day without facing the Mad Man.