20. Eternal flame

Ryanne's POV

   "Ryanne open the door. I just want to talk," Wanda says behind my room. How dare she say I'm hiding something. I have no idea what she's talking about, and even if I was, it's none of her business what I decide to keep for myself. She stops banging. "I saw something Ryane, just... Just open the door." I bite my lip before finally letting her in. I see her hand midair about to knock again. 

   "I'm not hiding anything."

   She takes a gulp before coming in and closing the door behind her. "When I touched you I felt something," she begins. "I felt something in you. Something dark." I notice her rubbing her wrist. She then holds out her hand. It's burnt. "I don't know what it means but I saw something and it burnt me. It was like I wasn't supposed to see it."

   "What were you trying to do? Were you trying to look into my mind witch?"

   "No, not at all. I still am trying to learn my powers and I can't quite control them sometimes."

   I nod then sit on the bed. "What did you see," I furrow my brows. 

   "I don't know what it was. I saw a fire but that was it." A fire? This witch is crazy. What she saw was nothing. It means nothing.

   "What do you want me to do about it?"

   "I can give these dreams," she sits down next to me. "Since my powers came from the mind stone, I can give you a vision that is from your mind. I don't know if it will help and I will only do it if you let me." I think about whether I want her to mess with my mind or not. What the hell. I nod my head to her. "Good. You may want to lay down for this." I move backwards on the bed and set my head on the pillow. "This might hurt." She moves her fingers by the side of my head and before I knew it I was out. 

   "What, this can't be," I look around the abandoned planet that was once known as Titan. "She was supposed to be here," I refer to my mother. 

   Tears start to fill my eyes and I feel a lump in my throat. I fall to my knees and let out a yell of  frustration. 

   I see something that I didn't see before. A bird made of fire flies from the sky and enters my body causing a small outburst of force. I then slowly stand up and turn to Loki and Thor. 

   This isn't what I remembered. I remember Loki trying to pat my shoulder and comfort me. 

   I turn around and see my hair change from brown to red and my eyes are glowing red. 

   Loki and Thor looked shocked and get ready to battle me. It makes the red haired girl only angrier. 

   I shoot up from the bed as if I had woken up from a bad dream. I have sweat dripping all over me. Wanda extends her arms to try and calm me down. 

   "Ryanne, I need you to tell me what you saw." 

   I try to speak but I feel the biggest lump in my throat. 

   "God, it looks like you're striking up a fever," she looks at me worried. 

   "There's something inside of me," I try to get out. I feel my heart pounding like it could come out of my chest any second. 

   "Yes, I know that. You have to explain a little more. Try to remember what you saw."

   Loki teleports out of no where. "I heard you yell so I came as quickly as possible." He looks at my feverish state. "Ryanne, what happened." He turns to Wanda beside me. A dagger appears in his hand and he heads straight for her. She pushes him back to the wall with the force of her magic. It seems to have a hold on him. "You let me go, witch. Did you do this to her?"

   "Loki, she did nothing."

   Wanda releases her hold on him and he rushes to my side. 

   "You look horrible. What happened?"

   "I think there's something wrong with me." I turn to Wanda to answer her question. "I was on the planet Titan with Loki and Thor. We were trying to find my mother but when we arrived, there was nothing there. There was no one there. I began to think the worst of what could have happened to her and so I drop to my knees. It then looked like a fire bird went inside of me."

   "Okay calm down. Here, drink this," she hands me a glass of water. I give her a small smile and my hands shakes as I drink. 

   "I don't know what's wrong with me."

   "A fire bird you say." I look down to see Loki holding my hand. I didn't even notice. "I've read about a legend once. Of a bird who takes the host of who they choose. The Phoenix."

   "I'm sorry?" 

   Loki takes the glass from my hands and continues. "The Phoenix revives in its host, meaning the host is immortal. We have the eternal flame back in the vault on Asgard and it does just that. 'With the eternal flame you are reborn.' I thought the bird was just a myth. Are you sure what you saw was correct?"

   "Loki, why would I be making this up?"

   "What else do you know about this phoenix?" Wanda asks. 

   "It's incredibly powerful. It could possibly destroy an entire universe." My eyes widen at Loki telling him that this isn't helping my freaking out state. "Sorry," he says. "It is its purpose so only if it consumes the host completely. Okay I'm sorry again. This isn't helping. I'll stop." I turn to Wanda for words of encouragement because I don't seem to be getting those from Loki. 

   "This seems out of my reach. I know nothing of this creature. But don't worry," she places her hand on my knee. "I won't let anything happen to you." I nod my head and she gives me a weak smile before she leaves the room. 

   "I always knew you had a fire in you," he laughs. I roll my eyes. "Hey," he places his hand on my cheek forcing me to look in his eyes. "You are the strongest person I've ever met. I won't worry about it consuming you. It should be afraid of you consuming it," he raises his eyebrows. 

   "What's that supposed to mean?"

   "The Phoenix has powers such as manipulating matter and physic abilities. Those powers are in you," he points to my heart with his index finger. "You just have to discover them."

   "But how?"

   "You have to put your mind into it. Once you truly believe you can do it, it'll come to you."

   Those were the words I was waiting for. I want to kiss him but he just told me a few minutes ago how he wanted nothing to do with me. Instead I decide to thank him for being here. 

   "I'm always here for you," he says. Okay now I need him to leave because I can't handle another moment of him being nice to me. 

   "Okay I think I'll be fine for tonight," I wipe a tear from my cheek. "You can go." 

   He looks at me then nods his head. Before leaving he turns back to see me on the bed with my water and then he disappears. I really wanted him to stay. This is what I get huh. Everybody wants to leave Ryanne, I laugh to myself.